Chapter Twenty Nine

Jack and I were laying in bed, ignoring both of our phones, which were setting off crazier than I apparently am. After Felix uploaded the videos on each of our channels, we were getting hundreds of phone calls and text messages from friends, family, and acquaintances, who were all asking about what was happening now and if we were all alright, though I thought the video would've assured them that we were fine. 

In a fit of anger, I grabbed my phone and struggled to get to the settings, turning everything off. The silence from my phone was comforting and I decided to look at the comments underneath our videos on YouTube. I hoped they were happy and normal, not talking about what's going on, but that's probably asking too much.

"Jack seems waaaay quieter than usual... what's up with that?"

                                Reply: "Did you not hear about what's happening?"

                                Reply: "I think he's fine. Probably just tired."

                                Reply: "^^Hope you're right."

"I think Mark is keeping Jack and Felix hostage, they look scared."

"Glad to see you guys back in action! Much love<3"

"What the hell is happening with you guys?"

                                Reply: "I'm sure everything was just a misunderstanding."

I sighed and closed out of YouTube, knowing all other social media was going to be the same way. I looked over at Jack, who had his eyes wide open, starring at the wall as he laid in the bed. The first comment was right, he was much quieter than usual. I thought he seemed happy and hyper in the video, but maybe I was missing more than I thought.

"Hey, Jack?"

"Hmm?" He hummed, sitting up right to look at me.

"What's your sexual orientation?" I asked, jumping straight to that list I was thinking of making a while ago. 

"I - um - I'm bisexual," He said honestly, which was what I was hoping for, it made it much easier for me to ask him if he's had any previous partners. I had already written down all the girlfriends I knew he had, but there's no telling how many other partners he's had. 

"Have you had any boyfriends before me?" I jumped to my next question, watching him seem to stiffen and laugh nervously. 

"Uh... Maybe two... or five," His voice got higher with every word, uncomfortably laughing and rubbing his arm. I was shocked at the amount, wondering how long those relationships lasted and how long he's known he was bisexual for.

"Tell me about them," I suggested casually, as if I wasn't planning on hurting anyone who knew Jack the way I know him now.

"Well, um, the first one... His name was Jackson and we dated for just like two weeks, it was right after I found out I was bisexual when I was sixteen. He was my best friend and told me he liked me in that way, but he didn't want to actually date..." He trailed off, biting his bottom lip. It was obvious to me that this Jackson idiot just wanted to get in Jack's pants. I made a mental note of what to do with this guy, "Next, was Mason, we were together for a little over a year, but he cheated on me with another guy, so that didn't last."

"He's an asshole," I thought aloud, making him giggle, nodding.

"I'm over it. Then, we have David, he wasn't too bad. We just decided we weren't working out and stayed friends until he decided to move to America, we were only together for two months, but it was fun while it lasted. Eli was the sweetest and best of the bunch, we lasted three years I think? We broke up when I turned twenty, but he - um - might've been a bit older than me..."

"How much older?" I dared to ask, watching him laugh softly, wiggling uncomfortably. 

"He might currently be 36..." He trailed off, waiting for my expression, which was nothing short of shock.

"You dated a guy who was ten years older than you for three years?!" I didn't think my eyes could widen anymore, watching him nod slightly.

"I was young, Mark. He was the best partner I've had in general until now," He smiled, leaning on my shoulder. "Eventually, my friends and family told me how weird they thought it was and how they were uncomfortable around Eli. They put it in perspective for me and sometimes I still regret listening to them, but I have you now, and that's the best thing I could ever ask for."

"That's my sweetheart," I smirked, making him blush. "You said five, right? Who's the fifth?"

"Jeremy, he was basic. We dated when I was twenty two for two years. I didn't love him, really, we were just a generic couple. I broke up with him because I was sick of the same routine we had," He explained with a sigh, giving me a small smile. "I haven't spoken to any of them in years. The others I stopped talking to right after breaking up, except Eli. We haven't talked in two years though, so don't think much of it."

"Hmm," I hummed, trying not to let him onto the list I had created in my mind. I found Eli as the most threatening out of the five and would be sure to deal with him accordingly.

David

Jackson

Mason

Jeremy

Eli

If any of the girls Jack dated got in contact with him, I'd add them to the list, but for now, these five would do. I couldn't have obstacles in our way that could get Jack swooning for someone else. I found the males more threatening than his other partners in that department, probably because I'm a male as well, but I didn't think too much into my reasons. 

I kissed Jack's head, thanked him for the information, and headed to the bathroom, bringing my phone with me. I turned on the shower to suggest I was occupied, but I opened my phone, heading for Jack's private FaceBook and looked up the names he gave me. I remembered he said one lived in America, I could take care of that one first. I went to his friends and searched "David," finding he lived right here, in L.A., this could be easier than I thought. I'd just come with Jack to Ireland for his stuff once I convince him to live with me and finish the job.

Oh, what wouldn't I do for love?