Chapter Thirty Three

I was snuggling with Jack on the couch, I had gotten home from a therapist session not long ago. It's been about a week since I killed David and it seemed Jack and Felix weren't going anywhere for a while, though Felix just locked himself away in my recording room for hours. I wasn't sure if he was actually creating videos, but I didn't care. Everything I wanted was right here in my arms, glancing up at me occasionally with big, blue eyes. His phone vibrated and he looked at it, then sat up.

"Um... Mark?" He asked, his voice getting higher as he said my name, like he did sometimes when he was nervous or surprised.

"Yes, sweetheart? What's up?"

"You remember my ex boyfriend, Eli, right? That I was telling you about?"

"The one that was ten years older than you?" I asked, my voice dripping with uncertainty.

"Yeah... Um, so I guess he's been living in America for a couple years now and he's visiting California and heard I was here. He wanted to reconnect, but not like relationship-wise, I swear, just hang out. He has a husband," Jack seemed to be trembling slightly, as if afraid I would lash out at him for bringing this up. I didn't want him to be afraid of me, plus this just made my mission more possible and simpler. He was the last hit on my list, but I could make an exception, considering this was just being handed to me on a silver platter.

"He can visit here, sweetheart, don't worry, I trust you," I reassured him, my hand brushing through his hair, giving him a smile. He seemed to physically relax and melt into my touch.

"R-Really? You'd let him come over?" He asked, as if he didn't hear me right. I chuckled and nodded, pulling him into my arms and gripping onto him tightly.

"Yes, sweetheart. It's fine. I'll have to meet him though, let him know who he's dealing with," I winked and he giggled lightly, hugging me.

"You don't have to worry, Marky Mark, he has a husband, he won't do anything. Plus, I told you, he's really sweet. He'd never to anything to hurt anyone else," He tried reassuring me, but him complimenting and having faith in this Eli guy was just setting off that familiar ping. Nevertheless, I smiled and hugged him tightly before he pulled away and texted someone, immediately receiving a response. "He'll be over tonight."

"Sounds good," I pecked his cheek and watched him get up and head for the bathroom.

~

We just sat around all day, Felix was no where in sight. He didn't even come out to eat or shower, just stayed in the recording room all day. I heard him recording a couple of times and figured he was just busy making videos, but for the first time in forever, I was worried about him. His absence was unnerving in a way, I could tell it was affecting Jack, but Eli's visit soon had gotten him upbeat.

A knock at the door disrupted my thoughts and I stiffened, knowing who it was. Jack was around nineteen when Eli was twenty-nine when they were dating, the realization hit me and I shook my head slightly, wondering what was going through this guy's head when he hooked up with a teenager.

"Jack? Oh my gosh, your hair is so much greener in person! Yes, I've watched your videos," A voice laughed, getting closer as I realized Jack had answered the door already and invited the guy inside. I saw the two figures in the room and tried to smile, but could only genuinely when I looked at Jack. Eli was next to him, being about a head taller than me. He had black, messy hair, - I realized Jack must have something for dark-haired guys - stubble, and brown eyes. It was somewhat odd, he had similar features to me. He was tan even and I wondered if he was even from Ireland, but he didn't even have a hint of an accent to his voice, which was almost as deep as mine. I shuddered at the similarities, but also envied the fact that he had some things I wished I had - like being taller. Son of a bitch.

"Eli, this is my boyfriend, Mark," I broke out into a bright grin when he called me his boyfriend, I think it's the first time we've gone by that title, but I liked it. "Mark, this is Eli."

"Hello, it's nice to meet you," I spoke up, gesturing a hand out to him, which he took, giving me a strong handshake. I struggled to keep down the jealousy, but Jack seemed more excited than he's been in a week.

"Oh! You need to meet Felix!" Jack grinned excitedly and left the two of us standing in the living room as he went to the recording room - Felix's natural habitat at this point. (A/N: loool, idk what I'm doing, it's late af)

"So, Jack tells me you have a husband. Where's he?" I asked, watching as his face seemed to fall.

"Ah... Well, I suppose I should've made it more clear... I had a husband. We were married while Jack and I were still in contact, but divorced a bit afterwards and I forgot he didn't know."

"Oh, I see... I'm sorry to hear. What're you doing in L.A.?" I asked, sitting down on the couch and watching him take over the chair nearby, probably not wanting to sit next to someone who was watching him closely.

"Well, after the divorce, I fell into a sort of depression and filled the void I was feeling with traveling. I always had a love for exploring the world, I never stayed in one place unless there was something or someone to keep me there, that's why I lived in Ireland for three years. When I met Jack, I didn't have a desire to travel anywhere else, but when we broke up, I decided to return to America - my home - and explored the states, finding my ex husband, who kept me around while we were together. After he left, I continued taking road trips and such, unsure where else to go, but I heard Jack was in the country and decided California was interesting enough and well, here I am," Eli explained with a small smile. "Don't worry though, I just wanted to catch up with him. I'd never try and tear you guys apart, he seems to really love you."

"I don't mean to sound skeptical, but why did you date him in the first place? You're ten years older than him... Don't you think that's... wrong?" I asked, unsure how to phrase it. He seemed like a nice enough guy, but a threat is a threat.

"Well, when we first got together, we didn't know each other's ages. Once we realized, we kinda just shrugged it off and decided to keep going with it. Other people just didn't see it the way we did," He shrugged and gave me another shy smile. I bit my bottom lip, wondering what was taking Jack so long to get Felix out here.