Chapter Eighteen

I heard a bang from the backdoor and officers shouting at Mark from behind us. His arms gripped me tighter, but I couldn't focus on anything. There were only four words buzzing around my head, keeping all of my focus. Felix tried telling me about them, but I never could truly believe it, until they came pouring out of Mark himself.

'Because I love you.'

Suddenly, we were moving backwards and I almost stumbled over both mine and Mark's feet, but he was holding me tightly enough to the point where I wouldn't topple over. He still had the knife pressed to my neck, but he was murmuring soft, comforting words to me to keep me calm as we passed the officers, who all were aiming their guns at us. We backed down the hallway, towards Mark's room. He kicked the door open the rest of the way with his foot before shoving us both in the room and slamming the door shut, locking it. He hesitated before letting go of me and turning to the window. He lifted his mattress off the bed and pressed it against the window, I was too stunned to move, probably wide-eyed.

"Are you going to try to get away...?" Mark asked me uncertainly, making me frown and shrug my shoulders. "I don't want to, but I'll have to tie you up if you do anything."

"Okay," My voice shook as I wasn't even aware of what I was going to do. He sat down on the floor in front of his empty bed-frame, gesturing for me to sit down next to him. I slowly obeyed and he took my hand in his, sighing deeply as we listened to the sounds of police officers yelling to ask their chief what their next move to be and that they had a hostage situation. I could hear Felix over everything, trying to tell the officers that he just needed to get into the room. 

"If you have any questions or anything to say, this is the time," He muttered, letting go of my hand to put an arm around me and pull me closer to him. I had thousands of questions and things I wanted to say, but all of a sudden, they all became lost to me. I had no words, for one of the first times in my life. I could only think of one question off the top of my head.

"You love me?" I squeaked out, my voice somewhat high pitched. He chuckled lightly, half-hugging me.

"Yes, I love you."

"Like, friendly love?" 

"No, like I love you. Like I see the world behind those blue eyes, your smile lights up any darkness in the world, your laugh makes everything better, everything about you is all I've ever wanted. I love you in ways I never knew love existed."

"But... Why me? You say all these things, but it's... it's nothing. Those are all things everyone has, if you look deep enough to see it," I lean against him, resting my head on his shoulder as if nothing he's ever done existed.

"All I see is you," His deep voice almost purred and I sighed. "I know that I've really messed up, I've become someone else completely, but the one thing that's never changed and never will change is my love for you. Sure, it might be obsessive to some, or just down-right crazy, but love is love and mine for you will never chance."

"What do you expect me to do, Mark?" I asked, my voice still shaken. "If I just forgave you, people would think of me to be just as crazy as they think you are, but if I didn't... I'd be lying to myself."

"I expect you to do whatever is you, because all I've ever wanted was for you to just be you."

"What if I didn't feel the same way?" I asked, lifting my head off his shoulder to look him in the eye, the emotion in his face falling flat. 

"I wouldn't force you to love me, but either way, I wouldn't be able to let you go," Mark explained, though I was still somewhat confused. Apart of me felt like I had to love him, but another piece of me truly believed I did. Both meant the same thing though, I'd love Mark. Later on, I'll have to figure out if it's forced or real, but for the time being, I love him. 

"I love you too, Mark," I managed to let out and he seemed more than shocked, suddenly pushing me away by taking his arm back and grabbing both of my shoulders and keeping me at arms length. 

"You love me? Does it feel forced or...?" He trailed off, trying to figure out the same thing I, myself, was. 

"I'm not sure, but we can try it... Keep it up until I know," I suggested, desperately wanting to stay on Mark's good side. I wasn't sure if he was going to hurt me, no matter how much Felix said he would never.

"I'd like that," Mark smiled and pulled me in, hugging me tightly. "I'd kiss you, but I don't think this is the right moment. I've thought about this for so long, it all needs to be special... But whenever we're together, it's special."

"What's more romantic than a hostage situation?" I giggled, making him laugh and grin brightly. He bent slightly, his face approaching mine.

His lips meet mine in a sense of desperation and need, but his lips felt as though they've been prepped for this exact moment, being softer than I thought they'd be. I managed to kiss back, though I was nervous, and felt his arms wrap around my waist. He kept it short and sweet, it being our first, and pulled away after a few seconds, kissing the top of my nose before pulling away completely. 

"I love you," He told me again.

"I love you too, Mark," I hummed, still unsure if the words were true or not.

~

A/N: Again, so sorry for another author's note, but I'd like to know if you guys want slash (le sex). If I write it, Mark would be top, so I'd just like some opinions! If it's too diverse, I just won't add it at all. :)