Chapter Forty

A/N: So sorry if this is late - I have no idea. My parents and I are driving to Vegas the day this is supposed to come out - I'm trying to write this in advance. Hopefully, I can keep up the updates, but at this point, I have no idea AHH. So I seriously apologize for any inconvenience.

~

I woke up, my face just inches away from Jack's. He was still asleep and I smiled, brushing a bit of his green hair out of his face. I carefully got out of the bed, not wanting to wake Jack, and pulled on a pair of boxers on the floor. I realized Eli was probably dead by now and decided I'd have Felix take Jack out today, so I could take care of the body. I sighed, knowing it was going to be tough to clean and cover up the bloodstains.

I remembered Eli saying Jack smelt like cigarettes and dug through his bag, finding the pack and a lighter. I sighed and brought it with me as I headed into the living room, seeing Felix on the couch - much to my surprise. I was expecting him to stay locked up in the recording room forever, but perhaps the experience we had last night changed him.

The thoughts of last night was pure bliss. I managed to get rid of the asshole and go all the way with Jack, if anything, the murder beforehand brought me more pleasure. Just the thought that there was one less asshole in the world made me feel great. I still had adrenaline rushing through me, but it was calming. The ping in my stomach was settled and I didn't need medication to soothe it.

"What's that?" Felix asked, gesturing to the white case in my hand. I held it up to show him the pack and he frowned. "I completely forgot Eli mentioned that. Fuck... Why is he still smoking?"

"I don't know, but he isn't going to anymore," I said firmly and went to the trash, throwing it in and sitting next to Felix on the couch. "How are you doing?"

"Surprisingly well, you?"

"I'm good. I still don't get it though, why'd you help?" I asked, remembering how he so willingly brought Eli to the basement and left him ready to go for me. He sighed and shook his head, running his hand through his hair.

"Don't expect me to help like that again, but he fucking deserved it. Jack tried to leave, but was forced to stay, just to end up getting hit. That asshole got what was coming to him. Imagine if Jack hooked back up with him... Eli would've ended up hitting him more. It's never just once," Felix spat angrily. "I can't put up with bullshit like that."

"He hit him before, remember? Should I talk to Jack about it?" I suggested and Felix shrugged, groaning and burying his face into his hands.

"Probably. Just make sure he's alright and it isn't eating him up inside. He's been keeping to himself more and more with everyday... We can't tell him about what happened last night," Felix added, as if I was ever going to tell Jack. He'd never know it was me.

David's death was easy to get away with. He didn't have any family or friends, he lived alone, and in a shitty neighborhood - cops thought it was just a random murder and basically gave up after two days, considering nobody came to fight for more. I assumed the same would occur for Eli, considering he traveled and could basically just 'go missing' and people would assume he got stuck in a random country.

"Did you kill him? I heard groans from in the basement..." Felix trailed off and I gave him a startled look, leaving him immediately and heading downstairs, into the basement. I saw Eli, gasping for breath in his chair and I sighed, noticing he managed to get the gag out of his mouth.

"How are you still alive? Just die already," I snapped, his eyes flashing up to see me, his dark hair sticking to his face, covered in sweat.

"You... piece... of... shit," He breathed out, I was surprised he could speak at all. "I... heard... you... last... night... you... ass...hole..."

"What? Don't like the fact that I love Jack?" I chuckled and grabbed a plastic bag in the corner of the room, along with some rope, so I wouldn't have to stick around.

"Fuck... you... just... kill... me," He caved and I shrugged.

"My honors," I smiled and went up to him, stuffing the gag back into his mouth before slipping the bag over his head, tying it with the rope, not allowing him to shake it off. "Bye, Eli! It was nice meeting you, asshole."

I laughed as I left the basement, coming back upstairs to see Felix looking at me. I shook my head, shrugging off his confused look and sat back down next to him, still grinning.

"Nothing like getting rid of an asshole in the morning," I smiled, ignoring Felix's disturbed look. "Oh, don't look at me like that, be happy my focus isn't on you anymore."

"I hope you finally realize I'm not gay and trying to hook up with Jack," Felix laughed, giving me a small smile. I saw a glimmer of the old Felix, which was extremely refreshing and reassuring. "It's kinda funny when I think back on it. Maybe last night just messed me up so much, that the past doesn't even matter anymore. I honestly feel great."

"It was over the top, now that I look back. You have a girlfriend, for crying out loud," I chuckled and shook my head. "I think I realized there are actual threats in the world - not my friends."

"Thank everything that is holy," Felix rolled his eyes. "It's about time!"

"I know, I know. Plus, Jack told me he knows he actually loves me last night - it's not forced. I think that seriously reassured me," I smiled, glad I could actually have a chat with Felix. I felt closer to him than I did Bob and Wade - speaking of them, I should seriously ring them up. I heard a content sigh from down the hall and smiled. "Could you take Jack out today? I have to clean up."

"Of course, I'll tell him to get ready," Felix stood and patted my shoulder, a silent forgiveness being unspoken. It was nice to have someone else on my side.