Chapter Forty Two

I rubbed my temples angrily, ripping the bag off Eli's head. He had managed to get rid of the gag once again and bite a hole through the plastic. His features showed he wanted to challenge me, but he didn't know that he was going to die no matter what. I almost went in to simply tighten the rope around his neck, but instead removed it, along with the cuffs. He was too weak to fight back and he knew that, though he gave me a confused look, probably trying to throw me off into thinking he still had strength.

"I'm burying your body today, whether you're alive or not," I informed him, watching as the life seemed to drain out of his eyes.

"I... won't... give... up... on... Jack," Eli breathed out, his head drooping to the side as he started to fade in and out of consciousness. He snapped awake again, stiffening and seeming to lose himself in his surroundings. "Won't... let... him... be... with.. you... you... sadistic... fuck."

"You act like you have a choice," I laughed and was interrupted by a call. I sighed, this happened far too often. I picked it up, without looking at caller ID, snapping, "What?!"

"H-Hi, Mark... I-I'm sorry if I caught you at a bad time," Jack's sweet voice stuttered and I almost decided to bury myself alive instead of Eli at that point, hoping I didn't just fuck up our relationship. He sounded scared - he should never be afraid of me.

"Oh, Jack! I'm so sorry, I didn't know it was you. If I did, I never would've snapped at you, I swear. What's up?" I asked with a small smile, desperately hoping I quickly patched up my mistake.

"It's okay, Marky Mark. I just wanted to tell you Felix and I ran into Bob and Wade. I hope you don't mind I told them we're together," Jack's nervous tone sent flutters into my stomach. The fact that he was willingly admitting we were together, sent flames into my heart which burned with intense flattery, as if it was the largest of honors to be accepted as Jack's significant other - to me, that was exactly the case, he means the world to me.

"Awe, sweetheart, thank you for telling them, it's sweet of you," I hummed, ignoring Eli's desperate, but weak, struggles. "I'm a little tied up trying to make some video ideas. Cuddle when you and Felix get home?"

"Always," Jack's accent chirped happily and I smiled, mostly to myself, though I couldn't help sending a smirk Eli's way, hoping he was hearing how much Jack loved me. "Kisses!"

"Kisses?" I echoed with a laugh and he giggled lightly on the other end of the line.

"Yes, kisses! I was thinking we needed to be more adorable and have a little thing to say whenever we end a call. If 'kisses' doesn't stick, I'll just come up with something else," Jack explained and I rolled my eyes at how adorable he was, glancing over to see dry blood caking on Eli's body - a sight Jack would never have to see, much to my relief. He'd be absolutely terrified if he witnessed any of this.

"I think it's perfect. Kisses, sweetheart," I caved into his fluff demand and could just imagine him blushing.

"Kisses," Jack echoed back and hung up the phone. If I loved that goofball anymore, I'd probably explode - or implode - whatever impact love would have on the human body. That is, 'if' I'm human. I've started to question my own being ever since I tried to kill Felix - it's been an internal struggle that's still being battled out in my head, though whenever I'm with Jack, I feel like my old self again.

"Isn't he just the cutest?" I grinned at Eli, rubbing it in his face that I had Jack and he lost him long ago. "Alright, I'll give you a choice. Either I bury you alive right now and you either die from your wounds or suffocate, or I can continue to torture you until you eventually croak."

"Never... leaving... Jack..."

"You left him the moment you laid a hand on him," I sneered and practically spat in his face. He didn't deserve a choice, but I was willing to allow it. He just had to make up his mind before I did and boy, was I really rooting for option two right about now.

"Can't... give... up... on... Jack..." Eli struggled more and more to talk and I knew it was only a matter of time before his injuries took his life. I either had to push him to the edge, or leave him to die underground. Apart of me wanted to be rid of him immediately, another wanted to watch him suffer more.

"Shut up about Jack, you douche! He doesn't love you, he loves me! Are you seriously going to talk shit about how much you love him until you die or am I going to have to gag you? You know, this only makes me want you dead more. You could've begged - pleaded for your life! And perhaps I would've thought twice about what I'm doing, but instead, you decided to shove your past relationship in my face and anger me further. Now, just tell me you don't love Jack and I'll let you die without anymore suffering. If not, well, I'm not sure how much longer you'll last when you have a knife in your back."

"Never... gonna... lie..." Eli breathed, causing me to sigh and head for the table. I was sick of this goddamn idiot living, I was going to make sure he genuinely died, no more of him miraculously surviving his wounds. I grabbed a knife, knowing this was going to be anti-climatic, but I was sick of the idiot ruining precious time I could be spending with Jack. If he was dead like planned, he'd be buried in the backyard, the basement would be completely cleaned, and Jack and I could be cuddling on the couch or in my room.

I stood behind Eli, holding my knife to his throat before slicing it across, hearing him dryly gasp and try to bring his hands up to stop the blood from rushing out of the gushing wound. I stabbed him in the shoulder from behind, leaving the knife for just the extra amount of pain. It was nothing compared to the torture I had put him through earlier, but I needed him gone now, before I waste an entire day without Jack. Blood was coating almost the entire front of him, some dry and some freshly dripping down to the floor. His head slumped over after his eyes rolled to the back of his head, all of his limbs falling limp and breathing ceased. I sighed and tilted his head back, seeing jagged bones of his throat just beneath the skin. I didn't realize I sliced that deep, perhaps the knife was sharper than I first assumed. Oh, well, the job is done at last. I was about to prepare myself to discard the body, when my phone rang again, Jack calling. I rolled my eyes, but smiled, answering.

"Hey, sweetheart," I greeted him warmly, dumping Eli out of the chair and taking his spot, crossing my legs casually.

"Mark! Can we get an elephant? They're so cute! It'd be like having a gigantic puppy around!" Jack's voice practically bounded excitedly and I just laughed at the bizarre proposal.

"No, Jackaboy, sorry. I don't mean to burst your bubble, but it would not be like having a puppy," I grinned, chuckling at my goofball.

"Awe, but Mark!" He sounded out my name, whining, but adorably. Come to think of it, everything he does is adorable and that's just inhumane. "They're so adorable, Mark! We need one!"

"We already have you and you're too much adorable as it is," I inform him, which is the straight up truth.

"Awe, Markimoo! You're too sweet," Jack's voice just told me he was blushing, I felt like I was beginning to know him a little too well. "Well, I'll let you get back to whatever you're doing. How much longer will you be?"

"Maybe an hour or two," I think aloud, hoping that would be enough time to clean everything - it probably would be. 

"Okay, kisses!" Jack practically cheered our new goodbye and I wondered if he only called to do that again. I had to admit, it was adorable.

"Kisses," I sigh happily and hang up, looking at Eli's dead body on the floor before deciding it was time to go to work. 

~

A/N: Not sure if I'll be able to post two chapters tomorrow :O I'll try to get done what I can, but I can't promise anything! Hopefully, I'll get at least one out tomorrow, I wasn't able to pre-write nearly enough for this lol so so sorry!!<3 Twice a day updates will return once I go back home, I promise! Thank you so very much for reading! (4k btw?!!! You guys are too much<3) Hopefully this slightly longer chapter makes up for me not being able to update as often this week!