Chapter Fifty Three

Felix sighed as he guided the way to the religious guy's room. He knew the patients better than Mark did and had talked to his roommate a couple of times, though he still didn't know his name. It didn't matter though, he was dead either way and the thought made him want to throw up. He was glad to help Mark, to distract him from himself, but he wasn't alright with killing people here and there, considering the guy didn't even manage to lay a hand on Jack like Eli had.

"He's in there," Felix stopped at a door and gestured to it, stopping Mark before he could proceed inside. "What are we going to do?"

"I was thinking making it look like a suicide. You hold him back, I smuggled this knife from inside the kitchen," Mark pulled a knife out of the back of his pants a bit, but not tugging it out all the way, in case anyone saw.

"Okay," Felix sighed again and let Mark open the door and followed him inside, seeing the guy was taking a nap on his bed - a lucky break for the duo, who weren't sure if he was inside or not. Felix snuck up on the guy, before pinning him to the bed as Mark whipped out the knife and followed.

He suddenly woke up and eyes widened when he saw Mark coming at him. He was about to scream when Mark slammed a hand over his mouth harshly, Felix holding him down by the wrists, but had to climb on top of him to keep him down. He continued struggling, but the pair wouldn't let up, Mark toying with him by lightly dragging the knife across his skin, careful not to leave any unnecessary markings.

"If I take my hand off your mouth, will you shut up? I'm only giving you one chance," Mark - or as Felix started calling him 'Dark' in these moments - growled lowly, his eyes seemingly darker than usual, which frightened Felix and likely the guy they were going to kill. The guy trembled, but nodded in response. Mark slowly removed his hand.

"Why are you doing this?" He choked out and Mark chuckled grimly.

"Are you really asking that?" He asked with a small smile.

"W-What? What did I ever do wrong?" The guy asked, tears coming to his eyes. He sounded much friendlier than he had before, which startled Felix.

"Don't you remember? You were basically saying homosexuals were going to Hell and tried to hurt my friend," Felix tried to help him out a bit, but the guy just slowly shook his head.

"I-I didn't... Oh, God... It was James, wasn't it?" He started to cry a bit, tears running down his cheeks. "I-I-I don't expect you to believe me, but it wasn't me. I-I have this... I... How do I explain this? Shit... I'm fucking crazy, oh god, please have mercy."

"Hey, calm down. What're you talking about?" Felix asked, Mark sighing impatiently. He clearly didn't want to have a conversation - just get straight to the killing. The guy was almost hyperventilating.

"M-My name is Ch-Chuck, b-but it's a-also J-James a-and R-Robert and-and-" He bursted into tears and it finally clicked to Felix what was wrong with this guy.

"You have multiple personalities, don't you?" He sighed, his head bowing in shame as they nearly killed a guy who couldn't control himself.

"Y-Yes," Chuck started sobbing. "J-James is a-a super religious part of me, he's mean though. I-I didn't mean to try and hurt your friend o-or say anything bad a-about homosexuals... I-I'm... I'm gay. Th-the doctors think this personality is me being ashamed of who I am because I was made to feel that way. I am so sorry, I never meant any harm."

"Nothing excuses anyone from trying to hurt my Jack," Mark snarled.

He brought the knife down into Chuck's wrist, digging it down towards his hand while putting his own hand over Chuck's mouth, the guy screaming out in agony as the knife tore through his veins, brushing against the bone, blood immediately rushing down his arms from all angles, eyes wide. Felix let go, gasping and trying to tear Mark away from the guy, who stuck the knife in the other arm, repeating the process, but deeper, a disturbing sound of the blade hitting bone echoing through the room gently.

"Mark!" Felix cried out and watched as Chuck breathed rapidly, eyes fluttering, arms shaking. "Why did you do that?! The guy can't control himself! Fuck!"

"Shut the hell up before I shove this knife down your annoying fucking throat," Dark snapped, causing Felix to flinch. He set the knife down on the ground, as if it had fallen out of Chuck's hands and went up to him, his hands becoming bloodied as he tried tearing the wounds apart further. Eventually, Chuck's eyes rolled back and he fell limp. Felix had tears in his eyes, the death of someone who didn't truly deserve it hitting him hard.

"F-Fuck..." He muttered and watched as Dark took care of the scene to make it look more like a suicide. "Y-You shouldn't have d-done that..."

"If you don't help me clean up my fucking hands, I will bury you in the ground the first chance I get and that's a promise," Dark turned to him, revealing his dark-red covered hands, which made Felix almost puke.

"What would Jack think?!" Felix lashed back, hoping it could get through to him and bring back a bit more normal Mark. He saw his face fall a bit and his gaze lowered to the ground, showing it worked - at least for a moment.

"Who gives a fuck what Jack thinks? He's my pet, not my fucking boyfriend," Dark growled and Felix's lets almost gave out beneath him.

"Y-You... I-I... I can't believe you'd say that... I thought you loved him," Felix's eyes watered again, but snapped out of his eyes quickly when Dark ran at him, gripping his shirt with his bloody hands, leaving stains that Felix couldn't worry about at the moment.

"I'd kill you, but you've been useful. I do fucking love him, but why wouldn't I love my pet?"

"You said you've been doing this out of love for Jack, not to fill your apparent void to murder innocent people," Felix shot back, trying not to care that he was in danger. "Do you even remember the beginning of all this?"

"It was all lust, and nobody else can have what I have with my pet. Now that I've gotten what I wanted out of him, I'll take it from him whenever I goddamn want because my pet is perfect and if he disobeys... He may as well be that idiot dead over there," Dark stressed, getting closer to Felix's ear.

"Y-You're a fucking monster. What the hell happened to you? Was it all a lie? Calling Jack your sweetheart? Treating him like he's gold? Promising him a better life after this? Just so you can fucking hurt him whenever you want? Was that really why you did all this?" Felix let a couple tears fall, feeling as though he's failed Jack and Mark.

"N-No..." A shimmer of old Mark came back for a moment and he let go of Felix suddenly, who fell flat on the floor. "No... I-I never wanted to hurt anyone... Especially Jack... I don't want to hurt him. I-I don't know what's happening to me, Felix. Please... Just help me."

"Staying away from Jack might be the best thing to help all of us right now," Felix suggested, but a dark look returned to Mark's eyes as they snapped towards him.

"Fuck that. I can't stay away from him... I didn't mean the things I said. I don't know what came over me. I think... I just feel too powerful after I do this to someone and then I want more... even if it truly hurts me," Mark frowned and sat down on the ground. "I'm so fucked up, Fe. I don't know why this is happening to me."

"I don't know either... this is just really messed up. I don't want to forgive you for what you did to Chuck, but I think we have other pressing matters to attend to. Let's just get cleaned up, get you back to Jack, but I swear if you step out of line with him one more time, it's over. I won't let you hurt him," Felix swore and watched as Mark slowly nodded in agreement.

"I don't want to hurt him... Whatever helps keep him safe," He looked up to Felix with his deep brown eyes, which were filling with tears. "I'm sorry... for everything."

"Just don't do anything stupid and we'll be fine. You're not hurting anyone else though or else I will tell Jack. I don't care if it gets me in trouble," He promised and Mark nodded again.

"It's for the best."