Chapter Eleven

I woke up, stretching my arms before realizing Jack wasn't in them. I frown and sit up on the couch, knocking the blanket off me in the process. My phone vibrated, lighting up with a little tone signaling it was a text message. I grabbed it off the coffee table and turned it on, as it had already faded to black before I picked it up.

Ken: You guys alright? Jack asked me if I heard from Felix, but he hasn't messaged me back. Call me.

I was about to text a reply, saying no call was necessary and that Felix had called him earlier from a pay-phone, saying his friend needed him to stay longer, when another message came in. He sighed, wondering why everyone was suddenly texting him in the early hours of the morning.

Marzia: Have you heard from Felix or Jack? I tried messaging both of them a ton, but neither replied - none of my calls or texts are getting through to Felix either. What's happening?

More and more texts started coming in.

Cry: Yo, what's going on with you guys? Jack hasn't responded to me.

Bob: You guys alright? I tried texting Jack, but he hasn't responded to Wade or me.

Wade: Bob and I have been trying to get ahold of Jack, is he okay?

I groaned loudly, not wanting to deal with all our friends now. I should've taken Jack's phone right when Felix 'went missing', it would've saved us all the trouble. I decided to message them all back immediately and start up Felix's phone to forge messages to anyone concerned.

To - Ken: We're good, just occupied with Jack's visit. Haven't heard from Felix, I'm sure he's alright.

I sent similar messages to everyone who messaged me and started up Felix's phone, going onto his twitter, deciding it'd be easier to just send out a tweet.

Pewdiepie-

This visit is taking longer than expected, phone's still broken, I'll be back with new videos soon, no worries!

I sent it out, thinking it'd be enough, immediately receiving replies supporting Felix, friends saying they're glad he's okay and to talk with them soon. I sighed deeply, knowing this was causing a huge shit-storm amongst all of our fans. I got up and looked out the back window, seeing the pipe sticking out of the ground. I hoped Felix was getting enough air down there.

Stepping away, I glanced around for any sign of Jack, wondering if he had woken up during the night and headed back to his room. I hoped he didn't, I wanted to cuddle with Jack longer, it was nice while it lasted. I had been so focused on getting rid of anyone getting in my way, that I had been completely forgetting to love Jack like I wanted to - though I still felt intimidated to do so.

I could lock someone in my basement, bury a person alive in my backyard, betray my friends, and yet I still couldn't find the courage to just man-up and talk with Jack. Perhaps all of this could've been avoided if I had been honest with myself, but in a way, this was much more fun. I felt awful, but I enjoyed the thought of having Felix buried in a crate in my yard. It was like a nice reminder that the main threat between Jack and I was struggling for every breath. If I let him go, I hope he learned his place.

I had done a lot of thinking and now I'm not sure if Felix will ever see Marzia again or play with his pugs, visit his family, or even get a final glance at Jack. The more I think about it, the more comfortable I was letting the famous Pewdiepie die. Losing a friend would be hard, but at least he'd be out of the picture.

Ever since I met Jack, I was incredibly jealous of Felix. I still remember two days after I found Jack through Twitter and saw Felix started following him. Even though he technically found him first, that meant nothing compared to the love I feel for Jack. It wasn't fair Felix noticed him first. If only I had done a shout-out just a couple days before he did, perhaps I would've found Jack first.

The memories and thoughts cause my hands to ball into fists, my breath hitching in my throat, and the pace of my heart picking up. I wanted to set the world on fire or do anything violent to cure myself of this anger and the agonizing ping in my stomach.

I went to my room and grabbed a shirt I didn't necessarily like, balling it up and wondering if it was big enough. With a satisfied grunt, I headed outside, to my backyard and eyed the pole that was the only airway for Felix down in the crate. I debated silently in my head if I wanted to do this, wondering if I'd regret it later on. Thoughts of him and Jack together flowed in my head and I angrily stuffed the shirt down the pipe, cutting off any air from getting to the crate down below.

I hesitated, my hands shaking. It wasn't too late, I could save Felix from suffocating. He could still be let free and go home, have a future. That also meant he could squeal to Jack and steal him away from me, I couldn't let that happen. I turned and saw Jack looking out a window, frowning profoundly. I gave him a small smile, hoping he wouldn't ask about what I was doing. I was tired of explaining all of my doings.

I headed back inside, glad that in a couple of minutes, there would be no chance of Felix surviving. I was still unsure about my actions, knowing millions of people would be heartbroken, but they'd never find the body. He was already buried and I'd just remove the pole later tonight, not allowing his corpse to smell up my yard. I sighed at the grim thought, but shrugged to myself. At least Jack was mine and I'd make sure he'd never leave.