Chapter Nineteen

A/N: Yes, another author's note, I apologize lol. Updates may not be twice a day from now on, so I'll try to make the individual chapters longer if it comes to that (for now, I think it's fine). My sister is moving back in, so I'll be extremely occupied, but I'll try to keep everything relatively the same until the end of this story. Anywhore, here's the chapter... WHOOOp. 

~

I smiled, holding Jack close to me as we heard the officers still struggling to figure out what to do. I knew Jack wasn't actually sure if the 'love' he was feeling for me was forced or real, but I could care less. Getting to hold him like this, hear those three little words spill from his mouth, kissing him... It was more than I could ever ask for. I could only imagine if he actually did feel the same way, our future could be so bright, no matter what happens to me for doing what I did. As long as I have Jack, everything will be alright, and I'll forever stand by that. 

Getting up, I went up to the door, unlocking it, and sitting back down. The officers wouldn't hear the soft click over their arguing, but I felt it was the right thing to do. I looked over to Jack, who seemed confused by my actions. I kissed his forehead, giving him a reassuring smile once I pulled away.

"Why did you unlock the door?" He asked softly, setting his head on my shoulder as I put an arm around him. 

"There's no other way out of this. I might as well just play the waiting game with you," I squeezed his shoulders a bit.

"What happens when they come in? How long will it be until I get to see you again?" He asked in a small voice, snuggling closer to me. I couldn't help the smile that crossed my face as he basically said he'd miss me. 

"I don't know, sweetheart, but I'm sure we'll figure something out. I can't go that long without seeing you," I turned a bit and pulled him into my lap, hugging him tightly at the thought of never seeing him again, tears filling my eyes. I felt his small arms around me, tucking his face into the crease of my neck. 

"Sweetheart?" He asked softly with a giggle. 

"Hell yeah," I laughed, setting the side of my head on top of his, not letting him out of the hug we were sharing. I hummed quietly, "You're sweet and you have my heart, that makes you my sweetheart."

"It still sounds odd hearing that come out of your mouth," He sighed, "Does that mean anything? The fact that I think it sounds strange?"

"Does it just sound unfamiliar or does it sound weird?"

"Unfamiliar, I think," He said honestly, which was a good sign. If it was just something he hasn't heard me say to him before, that means he could get used to it. 

"Well, I'll be calling you that a lot more, so get used to it," I chuckled and heard someone outside of the room knock on the door. I let Jack slip out of my arms, though I didn't want to. "What?"

"What do you want in exchange for the hostage?" A female voice asked, as I looked over to Jack, giving him another reassuring smile as he looked petrified.

"I already have what I want," I called back, laughing slightly. I'm sure they'll think I'm insane, but who cares when I have Jack? I have Jack. The realization suddenly hit me and I went over to him, my hands on either side of his face, kissing him roughly. His lips followed mine, the hint of a smile hidden behind them, which was typical of him to always be smiling. I couldn't get over how sweet he was. I pulled away, "I love you, Jack."

"I love you too," He breathed out, pulling me towards him for another hug as we heard one of the officers shouting to just break the door down, even though it was unlocked. One of them recommended trying the knob first, then they found out they were free to come in. He hugged me tighter as officers flooded in, guns aimed at me. 

I suddenly felt Jack being ripped away from me and I looked up, seeing officers holding him away from me, which made the ping set off in my stomach. I let out a growl I didn't know was in me and started struggling against the officers who were trying to put handcuffs around my wrists. I ended up punching one of the officers in the face, causing the others to retreat slightly and I went straight for Jack, pushing him up against the wall and kissing him again.

"I'm sorry," I murmured before I felt myself getting tugged away from him, officers shouting and were clearly confused.

They yanked me out of the room and outside after getting the handcuffs on me and we passed Felix, who asked to speak with me. They hesitated before agreeing, though saying it was an unusual case for them to allow such a thing and placed me in a squad car, rolling the window down for me to speak through.

"What did you do to Jack?" He asked in a low voice as he looked behind him, seeing Jack being lead to an ambulance with tears in his eyes. There was nothing wrong with him, but I was sure they just had to check him over. 

"I kissed him a couple of times, hugged him... Otherwise, nothing," I smiled at the recent memory of us in that room. "It was nice."

"Nice? It was nice to force yourself on him?" He suddenly became extremely angry and I could tell he was itching to rip the door open and smack some sense into me.

"I didn't force anything on him. He said he loved me," I smiled, remembering how soft and how easily the words seemed to slip out of his mouth. "He said he wasn't sure if it felt forced or if it was real yet, but he loves me."

"It was obviously forced, Mark. You had a knife to his neck," He reminded me, I just shook my head.

"You weren't there, Felix. I'm not going to let you put those lies into my head. He loves me and that's all that matters," I said firmly. He seemed to give up and walked away, towards Jack, which, as usual, set the ping off in my stomach.