Chapter Seven

After leaving Felix in the basement, I went back upstairs, the camera in hand. I sighed, not wanting to explain Felix's disappearance to Jack, but knew I'd have to. I quickly went to Felix's room, still hearing Jack's shower running. I was glad he was taking his time, it made my life much easier. I quickly grabbed all of Felix's stuff, shoving it in his bag, along with his phone. I debated whether or not I should break it, but decided I'd just turn it off for now.

I took the bag and went back to the basement, opening the door and chucking it down the stairs, not bothering to go back down. I closed it and locked the door behind me, making sure Jack wouldn't accidentally discover Felix. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I fished it out.

Bob: Hey, Mark! Our plane just landed.

Mark: Jack and I will pick you up soon!

Bob: What happened to Felix?

Mark: He had an emergency to attend to, I have to upload the video he made explaining everything before we leave quick - sorry about that!

Bob: It's alright! We'll just grab some lunch.

Mark: See you soon!

I slipped the phone back in my pocket and started downloading the footage onto my computer in my room. I heard a small knock at the door and I turned, seeing Jack dressed in a black hoodie and skinny jeans. I smiled at him, but he seemed slightly distressed.

"What's up, Jackaboy?" I asked.

"I was just wondering where Felix went. We were going to record a video after we both got ready for the day," He explained and I smiled softly at his ignorance.

"He had an emergency, a friend in an accident or something. I'm actually helping him upload the video now of him explaining everything. You can watch it if you want," I offered, feeling confident enough to do so.

"It's okay, I trust you," Jack smiled. "Do you have to do that now? Wade texted me saying their plane landed."

"I can do it tonight, let's go," I got off the computer and gave Jack a small hug, the ping in my stomach finally gone.

~

"What game should we play?" Wade asked, plopping down on the couch next to Jack. The ping came back, much to my surprise. I wasn't expecting it to come back since Felix was out of the picture, but it seems it wasn't just him that was the problem. It was everyone.

"Grand Theft Auto?" Bob suggested, to which the rest of us agreed in our own way. "Just mess around until we die and then pass the controller on?"

"Yup!" I agreed, faking a smile, though I was feeling awful. I put a hand on Jack's arm as Wade went to set the game up, it helped calm my nerves and made me feel much better. I turned to see him giving me a smile, laying his head down on my shoulder, yawning.

"No matter how many times I visit, I'll never get used to the time change," He muttered. Though it seemed he never slept much in the first place, I understood it must be weird, knowing he'd be near waking up back in Ireland, not even being in bed yet here.

"Must be strange," I smiled, letting my head rest on his. I silently thanked myself for getting rid of Felix, knowing he'd make some snarky remark about Septiplier or take Jack away from me. It was nice to only have Bob and Wade around, they knew how attached I had become towards Jack and didn't say anything about my apparent clinginess.

"I miss Felix, his hours are only slightly different from mine, he'd probably be just as tired as I am. I just hope his friend is alright," He said, the ping setting fire to my stomach at the mention of him missing the Swede.