"With that Trevor guy," Landon smirks and I fight the urge to tackle him to the ground. It won't hurt much, he's only about four feet off the ground anyway. It probably wouldn't even leave a bruise..

"I forgot about fucking Trevor," I groan, rubbing harshly at my temples. Trevor is almost as infuriating as Zed, only I believe that Trevor does actually have good intentions when it comes to Tessa, which pisses me off even more.

"So what's next in project self-improvement?" He smiles but it fades slightly and his expression turns serious, "I'm really proud of you for doing this you know? It's nice to see you actually trying for once instead of making an effort for an hour then going back to how you were the moment she forgives you. It will mean a lot to her to see you making these changes,"

"Don't try to lecture me, I haven't done shit yet it's only been a day."

A long, miserable, lonely, day.

"You didn't turn to alcohol and you haven't gotten in a fight, you haven't been arrested, and I know you came to talk to your dad."

"He told you?" I gape. That fucker.

"No, he didn't tell me. I live here and I saw your car."

"Oh,"

"I think you talking to him really would mean so much to Tessa,"

"Would you just stop? Fuck, you're not my shrink. Stop acting like you're better than me and I'm some damaged fucking animal that you need to.."

"Why can't you just take a compliment? I never said I was better than you, all I'm trying to do is be there for you as a friend. You don't have anyone, you said it yourself, and now that you let Tessa move to Seattle, you don't have a single person." He looks at me but I look away.

"You have to stop pushing people away, I know you don't like me, you hate me because you think I am somewhat responsible for some of the issues you have with your dad but I care deeply for Tessa and you, whether you want to hear that or not."

"I don't." I fire back at him. Why does he always have to say shit like this? I came here to.. I don't know, talk to him. Not to have him to tell me how much he cares about me. Why would he care about me? I've been nothing but an asshole to him since the day I met him but I don't hate him. Does he really think that?

"Well that's one of those things you need to work on." He stands to his feet and walks out of the greenhouse, leaving me alone.

"Fuck," I kick my foot out in front of me and it collides with the wooden shelving unit . A crack sounds through the room and I jump to my feet. "No, no, no!" I try to catch the flower boxes, pots, and random shit before it crashes to the floor. Within seconds all of it is on the concrete floor. This isn't fucking happening, I didn't even mean to break this shit and here I am with a pile of dirt, flowers, and cracked pots at my feet.

Maybe I can clean some of this shit up before Karen...

"Oh my," she gasps.

Fuucck.

"I didn't mean to, I swear. I kicked my foot out and accidently broke the shelf and all this shit started falling down and I tried to catch it!" I frantically explain as Karen rushes over to a pile of broken pottery. Her hands sift through the rubble, trying to piece together a blue flower pot that has no chance of ever becoming one again.

She doesn't say anything but I hear her sniffle and she lifts her arm to wipe her cheeks with her dirt covered hands.

"I've had this pot since I was a little girl, it was the first pot that I ever planted in."