Chapter 73

"Whoever the killer is he's a coward." Aiden sat on the handle of the couch and turned an arrowhead continually with his fingers.

"What do you mean?" Avalon's bright green eyes looked up at him in curiosity. She was sitting on the floor between Jessie's legs who was on the sofa. Over the past few months their relationship had flourished greatly and the two were even talking about marriage.

"Why hide behind Ian?" Aiden replied and I looked at him. "If he's so bad then why not just show his face?"

"Because it's a game to him...it's all just a fucking game." Adrian rolled his eyes and gulped half a can of beer.

"Yea well I'm tired of playing. We all are, this game needs to stop and honestly it doesn't make sense I mean...if the sisters banished these creatures from earth then that means that they weren't needed anymore." Jessie explained and combed Avalon's red locks with his fingers. "Why did they come back? To finish the job? And if so...why? Why would they want to finish the job? Why does anyone go back to a job where they were fired from? Who hires someone again after they fire them?"

"I once worked at this factory for about two years." Angelica walked into the room where we all were. "Then one day the owner fired a bunch of us because they got machines to do the job that we were once doing...we weren't needed anymore."

Everyone looked at her waiting for her to get to the point.

"Right yes um...well...couple months after that the owner lost the license for the place for some reason and then it was bought by someone else who sold the machines and hired all of the old workers again. I rejected the job because I already got another one at Bloomingdales but my point is...you can be rehired from a job you were fired from...if the person who's rehiring is another person."

Nick stared at her with wide eyes and a slightly opened mouth. "Someone brought them back here. The creatures were brought back by someone else...they're working for someone else."

"Now there's another part to this never ending jigsaw puzzle." I sighed.

"So you're saying that the creatures work for someone? They too are being controlled?" Adrian asked Nick.

"It makes sense doesn't it?" Nick turned to Satyr. "You said that your sister placed a shield around the earth so they won't get back here but the shield was broken. What if that wasn't by accident? What if they were intentionally let back in?"

"Who would do that?" The witch asked.

"I think the more important question is why." Garrett added.

"Same reason they were created. All of the deaths were supernatural this far...werewolves." Nick said.

"Kylie Myers was a witch and she was killed." Vince corrected him.

"Maybe it was a cover up...to hide his pattern. To make it seem like it's any supernatural but when you look closely ninety eight percent of the deaths were werewolves." Adrian got up and threw the empty beer can away. It was nice to see him actually helping instead of criticizing someone.

"Whatever is his plan it needs to stop and we also need to figure out who's the employer here." Nick stopped to check a message on his phone. "It's Chad I think he found something...he said he's got something interesting to show me. They'll be here any minute."

"Great...we could use some more help." Angelica exhaled and sipped a cup of hot coffee.

I made a cup myself and carried it outside where Nick was leaning over the balcony smoking a cigarette.