Chapter 32

"Oh my God!" I covered my mouth as I saw the blood gushing out of the huge wound in her stomach. Vince dived on the floor next to her; his knees slipping in the blood.

"I've got this Jennifer. Go make sure that thing doesn't hurt anyone else." Vince said while trying to help her. I ran through the door in a second and Nick was about to run with me when Vince stopped him. "Hey, make sure she's ok." He told Nick.

"Of course." He replied and sped through the door after me.

"Vince..." Angelica whispered in pain. "I'm gonna die aren't I?"

"No, no you're not. I am not gonna let that happen ok."

"It's too late." She spoke weakly and her eyes began to close slowly. "I..." Her eyes closed completely and she didn't finish her sentence.

"Angelica! Hey stay with me! Open your eyes honey! Open them!" He shouted at her while placing his hands on her to heal her wound. Her eyes opened slightly and then closed again. She was barely breathing. "Angelica!"

"I don't... wanna die..." She said softly.

"You're not." He said but he was more worried than anything else when he realized that she wasn't healing. "Come on, come on." He shouted trying his hardest to make her better but it was only making him weaker.

"Vince..."

"Hold on baby, you're not going to die ok. I won't let you die." He said ripping her T-shirt off so her bare stomach was exposed.

"Vince..." Her eyes opened slightly and the last thing she saw was the glow coming out of his.

"Angel slow down!" Nick shouted after me but slowing down was the last thing I wanted to do right now. If I could, I would've gone faster. I was running crazily through the streets of California trying to pick up the slightest scent of Ian. A tiny whiff in the air would've been enough but that was what I wasn't getting. After thirty minutes of continuous running I stopped frustrated and began swinging my head in all directions hoping to see something.

"Angel, maybe you should stop−

"No Nick! I can't stop I have to find him!" I shouted at Nick.

"Ok..." He said in a tone that sounded as though he was trying to calm me down and he was. I just noticed the blood seeping through his T-shirt. The blood that came from the wounds my nails just made, digging into his shoulders.

"I'm so sorry Nick I didn't mean to."

"It's ok." He said wincing and I could tell that he was in pain, but just as I was about to talk again I saw him.

"Ian!" In seconds I was on the run again and Nick, despite what I just did, was right behind me. I saw when he swung into the alley and I swung in right after him. "Ian!" I shouted his name but he kept going. He didn't stop until he got to the end of the alley and there was nowhere left to go. He stood facing the wall and didn't move. I turned to Nick. "You should leave, it's not safe." I whispered to him.

"Absolutely not." He replied and I knew there was no point in arguing with him.

"Just, stay here ok." I said looking him in the eye. The rain started to fall but I didn't care. I wiped the water from my face as I walked towards him. I was about to touch his shoulder when he turned just his head to the side and spoke.

"Don't come close to me Jennifer." He said softly, the rain dripping off of his face.

"Ian, let me help you."

"You can't help me. No one can help me. I just need you to stay away from me."

"Ian you know I can't do that." I said. "I love you."

"I love you too Jennifer." He finally turned to face me. "That's why I have to leave. I can't hurt you. I won't let it happen and who knows when I'm gonna lose control again?"

"So what am I supposed to do? Am I supposed to just forget about you?" I shouted and cried at the same time.

"I know it's gonna be hard Jen, but you have to ok." He held my face in his hands.

"I can't Ian." I broke down. "I can't."

He hesitated before he took me in his arms but he did. He wrapped his arms around me so tightly that I swore it was the evil in him trying to crush the life out of me. But when he started to stroke my hair in the way that he did from the first time we got together, I knew that this was my Ian. He broke the embrace when I put my arms around him to hold him even closer. My hands were literally forced off of his body and he took a small step away.

"Can I ask you a favor?" He asked softly while moving the wet hair out of my face.

I didn't answer him with words. I simply nodded my head as my tears collided with the rain water that ran on my face.

"Would you take care of my sister?" He asked. "And my mother?"

The very fact that Ian was asking this of me made it clearer that he was really gone. "Ian−

"Promise me that you'll take care of them. I'm all they have." He said. "I'm all they had." He corrected the sentence.

I took a while before I answered. "I...I promise..."

Without another word he grabbed my face and brought my lips to his. I never felt Ian kiss me before with so much passion and strength. But then again, this Ian was different. He was changing. His lips left my mouth and he looked me in the eye before he placed another kiss on my forehead. I could see in his eyes that he was dying on the inside to leave me but he had no choice. He pressed his forehead against mine and I felt his hot breath again my face. I was going to miss this, just like I was going to miss the way his hands gripped my waist whenever we were this close; just like I was going to miss looking into his muddy blue beautiful eyes and his thick neck length Russian hair passing through my fingers. I was going to miss his smile. The one that always said that no matter how hot the fire gets, the rain will always come or no matter how deep the water becomes, there is always land close by. Most of all I was going to miss his heart, for if it wasn't for the change that it made, I would be dead.

"No matter what takes me over," he whispered to me. "just know that I have never loved anyone the way I loved you. Know that my heart will never lose you...even if I lose myself." He kissed my face once more and then he was gone. I didn't move from the spot where he left me. The only form of movement I did was wrapping my arms around myself for warmth in the cold rain.

"Angel?" Nick's voice was just behind me. "You should get out of the rain. Come on, let's go." He put an arm around me but I shrugged it off of my shoulders.

"I can find my own way." I said emotionlessly as I walked away from him.

"Wait, Angel!" He called out behind me but I never stopped.