Chapter 71

"Nick...I was just−

My words were cut short when he began to laugh. "Angel I'm not mad. This is your house you can be wherever you want to be." He smiled and touched my face and goose bumps rose on every part of my body. "Are you afraid of me?"

"Of course not Nickolas." I laughed and playfully slapped his hand off of me; well at least it seemed playful to him...to me it wasn't.

"Nick! My name is−

"Yea, yea, I know...you're Nick." Demarco, you liar. "I just love seeing you get all riled up."

"And I just love seeing you." He caged me between his hands as I was backed up against the wall. "What do you say we go out on an actual date? I'll make it special and I won't smoke the entire time." He smiled widely and I couldn't help but think of the fangs he used to kill all of those people. "Ok maybe once...while you're in the bathroom."

"Uh no I can't." I shook my head and tried to move from his trap; not just this physical one but his entire trap that I never thought I would fall prey into. Nick was evil...yet I wanted him. He was killing people...yet it killed me to think of him with anyone else.

"Ok I won't smoke at all. No cigarettes I promise."

"It has nothing to do with your disgusting habit Nick!" I shoved his arms away and walked towards the door.

"Then what is it then Jennifer?" He shouted back at me and I got mad.

"It's because you're the−

"Jennifer? Hey Jennifer! Get out here right now you have to see this." Adrian's voice stopped me and probably saved my life.

I exhaled and shook my head and headed outside where Adrian and the other members of my pack were gathered in the living room looking at the TV. When he saw me Adrian turned the volume up.

"He just ran into the store about an hour ago and grabbed that lady." A man with a long white beard maybe in his mid forties spoke into the microphone of the camera crew.

"What happened next sir?"

"Well he sure did make a bit of a mess in my store now...he choked her and I swear I saw the fella bite that poor lady until she could take the pain no more. She fell to the floor and that's when I called the cops down here." His Texan accent was thick and he looked in dismay about the condition of his country clothing store.

"Did you see what he looked like?"

"I sure did...though...I don't wanna say on the air now, that fella sure looked dangerous you hear, big mouth Bobby ain't saying nothing no more."

"Thank you so much sir I−

Garrett turned the television off and looked at the rest of us in silence. "Well...big mouth Bobby isn't so smart as he tried to be."

"Heck no! He just said on national TV that he knows what the killer looks like. If the press doesn't kill him the real killer surely would soon." Jessie shook his head.

"Well I guess that just means one thing." Adrian said while pulling on his sweater.

"Yea that there's gonna be another body again very soon." Avalon said.

"No...well maybe but it also means that Jennifer and I need to go down there right now so fat mouth Billy could prove me right."

"It's big mouth Bobby...and prove you right about what?" Nick's voice came from behind us and I hadn't realized that he was there the entire time.