chapter 62

"Seva, let m-" I glared at him sharply.

"I am your Alpha before anything else. When I order you to do something, you do it. Disobey me next time cadell and you'll be joining them" I state with finality in my serious angry tone.

His eyes widen knowing I'm deadly serious. If he thought that I would become my soft weaker self he was wrong.

"Seva, they're your family..I'm your family" he told me softly with a pleading look.

My claws ripped through my skin slowly, painfully. But I basked in the pain. My eyes turned black, my canines elongating as I approached him slowly. Threateningly.

"YOU ARE MY WARRIOR. THEY ARE MY ENEMIES. I HAVE KNOWN YOU MY ENTIRE LIFE, BUT DO NOT THINK FOR ONE SECOND THAT I WOULD ALLOW A TRAITOR TO GET OFF EASY. YOU WILL SUFFER THE FATE THOSE BEFORE YOU HAVE" my voice thundered around us.

My pack cringed away from me, fear sweeping through them. They have never seen me be so cruel to one of them, one of my people. Let alone my best friend.

They know I have a short temper, but they'd never had the balls to test my limits. The only time I found myself completely consumed with rage is when I'm at battle, or war.

"Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime. Which do you think would hurt me more Cadell? Either way, you betray me." My voice lowers until I sound calm, collected. And yet I knew he can sense my hurt from his actions.

He rushed to my side, grabbing my face with his hands. I flinched away from him, but he kept his firm grip and looked down at me with a pleading desperate look.

"I've followed you into war hundreds of times. I've bled a hundred times for you. I have done everything you've ever asked of me, and more. But you ask me to betray them, or betray you. I can't choose" he whispered, pleading with me to understand him.

I understood why he did it. But he betrayed me. Everything I've done for him, and he barely had to consider betraying me, he just did it.

"You already did" I softly whispered. My voice wavering as I said the words.

I know what I must do. My people are all treated the same. My rules apply for all my people, even cadell. And as much as I loved him, as much as it's going to hurt me, he has to face the consequences for his treason.

Resting my hands over his, I gave them a tight squeeze before forcefully pulling them off my face. My eyes teared up, but I didn't let the tears fall. Stretching up slightly I placed a long shaky kiss to his cheek.

"If you had spoken to me privately about this, I would have broken my own law to protect you. Everyone has seen your betrayal, I cannot help you. But I wish you an honest life in the next" I murmured quietly.

Taking a large step away from him I straighten my spine and harden my eyes. My warriors watched me carefully, knowing that cadell is a huge part of me.

"I know I will be sentenced to death. And I know that you don't have a choice, this is our way. I thought I would see you fall in love, have kids and grow old..but fate has different paths for us. I will meet with our gods, and I will watch over you" he told me with a small smile.

My chest tightened with familiar pain. I'd felt this before. When I thought my parents and brother were dead.

"Cadell.." he shook his head at me, his smile becoming sad.

"I know. I love you as well. But I die today knowing that it's for a good reason. Just promise me one thing"

I nodded.