chapter 48

~ Chapter 48 ~

"I go in first, you all surround the house in the trees. Our usual attack won't work on this pack, they are trained and while they might not be as good as we are I don't want a single death from my warriors. Do you understand?" I ask in an firm order and they nod.

"Alright, on my command you enter in groups of five every three minutes to remain completely unseen" I look them each in the eyes and they nod understanding.

71 are with me today, they'll be 14 groups and it'll take 42 minutes for them to be within range once I'm in. Cadell will be coming in with me as they're probably more likely to feel bad for him and give him the cure for Jayson.

Thanks to my Wolf's rapid healing last night my back is almost completely healed, its scarred to hell but that just another victory that I've yet to win.

I slept in longer than usual today as my wolf needed more rest as she healed me. We prepared for war, ate and left for their land.

After hours of walking we were at hells gates. The wolves on patrol were roaming the boarders oblivious to the war outside their land and about to come in.

The pack stay up in the trees and out of view as me and cadell head straight for the border at a reasonable pace. We've already placed our weapons in the forest, we dressed casual although their is a few daggers tucked under the bottoms of my jeans and into my combat boots. I painted my body, not because of the war but because its my routine.

The patrol wolves finally notice us and growl threateningly. I roll my eyes and keep walking as does cadell.

"State your business or leave." He growls shifting into his human naked form.

"The names seva, so you either move or die" I glare at him and instantly he communicates with my parents. Flashing him a smug smirk I shove him out of my way and continue onto the land. The man growls but quickly goes back to protecting the border like a dog.

No words pass between me or cadell and when their house comes into view I almost feel releived. The tension in the air was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

Time to be a good girl.

Opening the door to the house I walk inside followed by cadell. Already sensing where my parents are I head to them, my nerves and anger riling up again.

'You can do this' I hear cadells voice flood through to me and I relief washes through me. Nodding slightly to let him know I heard we enter the room they're in.

"Seva I'm glad you came back, I'm so sorry about the attack..i..we didn't know" are my mothers first words and I nod to her completely refusing to meet my fathers gaze.

I loved him more than life itself, If he'd have asked me to betray my pack ten years ago I would have done so in a heart beat.

Thats how much I loved him.

"Cadell!" My mother whispers confused as I'd told her he was dead.

"Oh yeah don't worry. He wouldn't leave me no matter what" I couldn't help but say with disgust in my voice aimed at her. She flinches slightly and looks down sadly.

"Seva we-" my fathers tries with his soft caring voice and I glare darkly at him instantly cutting him off.

"You don't get the right to speak to me" I spat at him and his eyes water with my harsh voice, he walks away and with each step I felt my heart break a little more.

Not once in my entire life have I seen him cry. He's always been the strong one as I grew up.

'I can't do this' I tell cadell breathing heavily and he remains talking nicely to my mother completely ignoring Achilles. He's furious with them and disgusted but he's most disgusted at the fact that Achilles didn't recognise his own twin before he ordered to have her tortured.

'We need the cure, then we can retreat' cadell replys.

'We never retreat. War is war'

'And our family isn't just the pack' he tells me.

I turn to Achilles "don't worry about my back, they're almost healed now. Look" I smile and before he can protest I pull the back of my top up and give him a full view. He looks horrified and heartbroken but I simply smirk.

"A scar is a victory in a warrior life, a victory that they didn't give up. Tell me again..did my men die a good death?" I ask him daringly as my rage boils and he looks away.

"I-" the back of my hand hits his face, sending him flying off his chair and sprawling onto the ground.

Crouching down beside him I wipe his blood on his clothes "1" I tell him coldly as he spits out the blood from his mouth, the force of my smack sending one of his side teeth loose.

His bust lip will heal in a few hours but it'll leave a scar no matter how small.

Cadell finally looks at Achilles "when you get put down you get back up and you fight" he tells him with no emotion and Achilles looks up at him pulling himself to his feet.

"Cade-" Achilles starts but before be can finish he's sprawled put across the floor again.

"Seva would you pease stop hitting your brother" my mother begs softly at seeing her two children fight. Well one, the other just lays there.

"Ok" I agree and she looks surprised.

"Ok?" She asks.

"I want something in return" I tell her and she nods.

"Name it"

"Your men infected Jayson, we want the cure" I tell her firmly and she looks confused.

"Who's Jayson?" She asks not knowing of my packs ways.

"My men change their names when they earn the right amongst the warriors. Jayson is johnny,..cadells little brother"