chapter 36

~ Chapter 36 ~

Mercilessly snapping another guards neck in under a second I slash anothers jugular open with my claws. Blood squirts all over me turning me red but it doesn't faze me, it makes my craving for death that much more.

Bullets fire at me through the trees as more guards do their best to stay hidden.

Jumping up into the trees effortlessly I crouch on one of the branches and silently make my way through the thick forest trees so I'm above the shooters.

Dropping down silently behind them I stand, grabbing the nearest one I cover his mouth and snap his neck. Dropping his lifeless body I grab his gun with a silencer on.

Wouldn't want the precious kingdom knowing of this.

Listening quietly I feel my heart thud in my chest with excitement to kill.

Upon hearing many other heartbeats I start to shoot through the trees. One by one the guards drop before I've even seen them.

"Is the target down?" A mans voice comes through one of the dead men's walky talky. Snatching it up I jump up into the trees and remain still as the last of the guards come into view. Aiming at the furthest one I pull the trigger, he drops as the bullet imbeds itself into the middle of his forehead. The other men form a circle facing outwards underneath me.

Are they trying to make this easier for me?

Moving further into the trees I make sure I'm hidden as I drop my body to the ground. The guards murmur amongst themselves on my whereabouts like idiots.

Counting nine guards I keep the biggest most scariest looking one alive, he's going to be my ticket inside.

Shooting the one to his left dead I watch the body drop before shooting the one to his right.

By the time the second guard drops the others realise they're surrounded and start to panic.

Taking out the rest in 4.3 seconds flat the leader stands by himself expressionless.

"Soldier I asked you a question." An angry voice comes through the Walky talky and the man looks in my direction. Something about him seems..familiar.

Stepping through the trees and into his view he gives nothing away. I point the gun to a tree and fire the remaining bullets all the while keeping my eyes on his. Once the guns empty I throw it in the forest and bring the walky talky into the palm of my hand, crushing it as I ball it up in a tight fist.

"I'm not going to kill you, give me the information I want and your safe" I tell him with my serious alpha poker face.

He remains silent and I sigh pityful "if that's how you want it" I shrug and grab my pure silver chain that magically clips together and unless I unfasten it there's no way it can be removed. The silver will burn his flesh and weaken him so he won't be able to break free from it.

In a flash I'm by his side, it slots around his wrists and then dangles before attaching to one of mine. He makes no sound as the silver begins burning into his flesh, pain registers in his eyes though unlike mine.

The silver doesn't effect me, at all.

Turning I walk out into the forest, he fights against me and so I stop and walk over to him so our faces are close together.

"The more you fight, the more it'll burn. Walk or face the consequences" I snarl deadly in his face before yanking the chain and walking again.

He does as I say and slowly follows me, even though I'm still basically dragging him.

The monster that had taken out an entire race of vampires has been quiet lately, but I've had enough of this world. Of the creatures that continue to threaten me. Of the betrayal I get for helping. I'm tired of being so damn nice.

That monster from seven years ago is returning. Im not going to fight It this time.

My job isn't finished.