chapter 23

~ Chapter 23 ~

"Who is that?" I ask the king nodding to the man, acting like the young naive girl he wants me to be.

"Nobody. It doesn't speak, we've have it here seven months and it hasn't spoken a word. It escaped twice but it's not as clever as it thinks" the king smirks darkly clearly wanting a reaction from the man.

The mans head remains hung and he remains totally oblivious to the king, like he's deaf, mute, and blind. Somehow I know he's not, somehow I know he knows he can't get out.

His scent reminds me of Amelia. Why did she smell of him?

My wolf growls and I look around for danger but seeing none I ignore her.

"Why is it here?" I ask curiously and he chuckles.

"Its kind poisened hundreds of packs. I searched the entire world but I can't seem to find an antidote. But it knows..it knows what it is and where it is. Problem is it doesn't speak and if it did it wouldn't be English" he tells me glaring at the man with disgust.

"Its getting late, come on" the king states and drags me off to my room before I can ask anything else.

He kisses me goodnight before leaving. I close my door and head into my bathroom immediately, scrubbing my mouth like my life depended on it.

I stay in my room for another hour before listening for guards. Hearing none I sneak from my room and make my way towards the room he's in.

By the time I get there I already sense someone on the otherside.

Amelia.