The last twelve hours come flooding back in pieces, broken and jumbled memories that make little sense to me.

Nothing makes sense. It takes seconds, minutes maybe, for my mind to even attempt to comprehend what happened.

Steph and her betrayal is the strongest memory from the night. How could she do that to me? I never saw it coming. I remember my relief when she walked into the room, only to hear her admit that she was never a friend to me after all. She put something in my drink to slow me down, or make me pass out, I'm not sure, but I know she drugged me. I was drugged, at a party by someone who I thought was my friend. The reality of this hits me hard and I swipe angrily at the tears on my cheeks.

Humilation replaces the sting of betrayal when I remember Dan and his camera. They took off my dress, the small red light in the dim room is something I don't think I will ever forget.

Every single time I think I may get a break from the constant battle that has become my life, something like this happens. I can't complain too much, I have a good life and I don't want to pity myself but it's becoming overwhelming lately. Steph out of all people? I still can't grasp it. If her reasoning was true, if she did it only because she doesn't like me and she has something for Hardin, why didn't she just tell me in the first place? Why did she pretend to be my friend all this time only to set me up?

I sit up slowly and it's still too fast. My pulse is pounding behind my ears and I want to rush to the bathroom and force myself to throw up the remainders of the drug. I don't though, instead I close my eyes again.

When I wake up again, my head is a little lighter and I manage to get out of the small bed. I don't have any pants on, only a small t-shirt that I don't remember putting on in the first place. My mother must have dressed me. That doesn't seem likely, I must have dressed myself.

The only pajama pants left in my old dresser are uncomfortably tight and too short. I have gained weight since I left for college, but I actually like my body more now than I ever have before.

My mother is leaning against the counter, reading a magazine when I enter the kitchen. Her black dress is smooth and lint free, her matching heels are high, and her hair is curled into perfect, classic waves.When I glance at the clock on the stove, it's only eight am.

"How are you feeling?" My mother asks timidly as she turns to face me.

"Terrible." I groan, meaning it.

"I'd imagine after the night you had."

Here we go.

"Have some coffee and some Advil, you'll feel better."

I nod slowly and walk over to the cabinet to grab a coffee mug.

"I have church this morning, I assume you won't be coming along?" She asks in a clear voice.

"No, I'm in no shape to be in church right now." Only my mother would offer me to go to church with her when I just woke up after  sleeping off a date-rape drug.

"Okay, I'll tell the Porter's you said hello." She grabs her handbag from the kitchen table then turns back to me, "I'll be home around eleven, maybe shortly after."

I still haven't called Noah since I learned of his grandmother's passing. I know I should have and I need to. I will call him after church ends, if I can find my phone that is.

"How did I get here last night?" I try to piece the puzzle together. I remember Zed storming into the room and breaking the camera.

"His name was Zed, I believe," she looks back down at her magazine and queitly clears her throat.