Chapter Thirty Seven

Calum's (POV)

  "If I were to do the lung transplant, what would I be facing with?" I asked. Currently I'm talking to the doctor alone while everyone else went to see my sister. She unfortunately has not woken up yet and it's been a day that I have woken up.

  "Well it means that it would be harder for you to breathe and do stuff normally. Your band mates tell me you sing while you play the bass. We do the surgeries well one hundred percent but because we are going to find you a new lung it will be harder for you to hold your breathe or in your case sing. I told your manager about it and he says that you shouldn't do it because of the risks. Maybe with the new lung you will be better at holding notes or not. It's just by taking risks and thinking about it." The doctor explained.

  "Right now we really don't have any lung donors for Calypso but for you we do actually. They're willing to give you their lung because they're not going to make it. They want someone else to have theirs and live a healthy life." He continued.

  "And why not give Cals one of theirs?" I asked.

"Because they're not the same blood type as Calypso. While you are. You and her have the same type of blood and working bodies. If you were to have problems with your heart or other lung she will be able to donate hers to you and you both would be like normal it's a miracle that we have rarely see." He smiled.

  "And what did my manager say about all of this?" I asked.

  "He actually told me that you shouldn't do it because it's a big risk in your career. But he also said if you really want to do it for your sister than it's really up to you." He replied.

  "And you're going to give me a healthy lung?" I asked nervously.

  "As healthy as the donors are." He agreed.

  "How will I recover?" I asked. I think I'm just stalling now. I'm really scared.

  "It would be a fast recovery if your system reacts well and we'll have you here probably for another week to see if your lung is well and strong." He said.

  "Doctor I'm really scared." I told him.

  "Everyone is but you will be a hero for your little sister. You are going to be okay and she will be better in her well being and state she is in if you do this." He nodded.

  "Will you amputate her leg?" I asked swallowing the lump starting to form in my throat.

"There is no telling right now. She has to wake up and tell us if she can move it or even feel it. I really hope we don't. I hate when we have to do that to someone so small and young." He sounded sad.

  "I will do the transplant." I nodded.

  "Okay we'll be back in a moment maybe you should talk to your family and friends. I'll tell them to come over here." He smiled and left. I hope everything goes all right and that I sound better while singing and everything just goes well.

  "Calum, are you really doing it?" Michael asked.

  "Yes I am. I want Cals to still have a healthy life and live hers. I would sound selfish if I didn't do this for my own sister. Ashton you would do it right and Luke you too for you brothers?" I said.

  "Yeah I would." They both nodded.

  "I'm going to be okay. Let's think about my singing after please because right now I'm fine whatever happens." They nodded and hugged me I heard the door open and I looked and there was my parents.

"I'm proud of you. You have grown up to be a mature young man." My mum cried and hugged me.

"I haven't really been mature mum. I've been acting really mean and rude to Cals and regret it. I haven't listened to my head or anything and that's what I've learned from Cals. She just goes with everyone and everything. She's so nice and smart. She's more mature than I ever be mum. I don't regret her coming to this tour because she has taught me so much and I am ready to do anything for her because she deserves everything." I told her.

"Finally Calum. You have gotten out of that little ego you had and realized what you have. You have a young sister that loves you and looks up to you. Now that I am proud of." Dad said and kissed my forehead.

"Thanks dad." I smiled and mum didn't really say anything but only hugged me.

"I'm happy for what you're doing for your sister I am." She smiled changing the whole topic. I furrowed my eyebrows and just dropped it thinking as to what my mum is up to or what she's hiding?

"Calum Hood are you ready?" The doctor asked rolling a wheelchair towards me.

"Ready as I ever be." I nodded and got on the wheelchair.

"We'll be thinking about you CalPal!" I heard Ashton exclaim.

"Me too I love you!" I exclaimed to all of them.

*10 hours later* Still Calum's (POV)*

I woke up to someone singing. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at Ashton, Luke and Michael. They were singing Wherever You Are. Those were one of my favorite songs back in the day. I closed my eyes again and enjoyed them singing.

"That was awesome like usual guys." I told them when they were finished.

"CALUM!" They yelled and hugged me.

"Oh my god finally you're awake!" They squeezed me.

"Hey careful I just got surgery." I told them feeling a little pain.

"Oh yeah sorry Calum." They chuckled.

"I'm just glad you're finally awake." Michael smiled.

"So then what next?" I asked them.

"We wait. We haven't gotten a lot of information as to what we should do when you wake up because the doctor went to do Cals surgery straight away when you were done so how are you feeling?" Luke asked.

"I'm feeling good actually. I don't feel like anything happened." I told them. "My chest does hurt though." I continued.

"Yeah the doctor did say that but he said that that was normal. I'll call a nurse in though, maybe they will have like medicine or something they have to give you." Ashton said and left.

"So Cals hasn't woken up yet?" I asked.

"No Calum. She hasn't." Luke sighed.

"Something happened when you were doing your surgery though." Michael said. Balling his fists.

"This girl came into Cals room and disconnected the machines that were hooked up to her making her like die in seconds but luckily Luke here saw the girl walk out of the room and called for the nurses and the doctor to see Cals and Luke caught the girl on time." Michael explained.

  "Wait what?!" I exclaimed trying to et up.

  "Calum calm down. The police has her now it's okay and Calypso is still in surgery she's okay." Luke said.

  "What was the girls name?" I asked trying to get my breathing to a normal pace.

  "She said Michelle. The only thing she was babbling about was Anthony this and that Cals stole him away from her. And that he broke up with her to be with Cals." Michael rolled his eyes.

  "So this was all because of a guy? What does that guy have that makes girls like him?" I asked and shook my head.

  "I really don't know but he's good at manipulating them." Luke said. I heard the door open and looked.

  Speaking of the devil.

0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0
A/N: Whaaaaaaaat?

  I LOVE YOU!!