Chapter 8

Calypso's (POV)

  "Um great." I smiled.

  "Well, I got a call from one of her teachers saying she wanted to have a meeting with you to talk about her behavior in class." Calum explained.

  "Right. Thanks Calum, I need to get a paper from my room that she gave me." I walked out of the kitchen. I walked to my room where my backpack was and I pet Oli because he was sound asleep next to it and then I went to Calum's room to retrieve his laptop because mum forgets to take it away sometimes so I'm doing her a favor. I walked back to the kitchen and smiled at Calum.

  "Here's the paper and Calum's laptop. I saved you the trouble mum." I smiled and sat down to have a look from Calum shot my way. You brought it to yourself.

  "Thanks Cals and what did she tell you?" She asked unraveling the paper.

  "She told me that she wrote down when the meeting was going to be on the paper." I kept it short but of course Calum had to intervene.

  "Her teacher told me that she wants to talk to you about how she's been talking back to her and in her words 'will not stand for it any longer' so I told her that you would be free on Monday after school." Calum told mum. You have everything coming to you.

  "Oh yeah and mum! You know how you said all electronics when you're grounded, you forgot Calum's iPad!" I exclaimed running out the kitchen and getting it from the couch. Again Calum gave me a look.

  "Why have you been talking back to her?" She asked.

  "Well because she's dumb mum! Seriously she doesn't like me, everything she does to me isn't really necessary for her to do and she calls that back talking when I'm just communicating with her." I replied.

  "Have you told her that you're not meaning to back talk?" Mum asked.

  "Yes I have and she calls that back talking when I specifically say with all do respect I am not back talking, I'm communicating. Let's just go to the meeting but I'm not going to stop the 'behavior' while I'm just wanting to communicate." I told her.

  "Well can you give me an example?" She asked.

  "Okay well I came late to class right? And she was like 'would you like to tell your class mates why you're interrupting?' And I'm like 'I'm not interrupting.' She's like 'can you explain how you're not interrupting' then I explained how I'm not interrupting and she gave me a detention because I back talked? She literally asked me a question and I was simply answering it. Does she expect me to not say anything at all like the quiet kids? Then tell me I expect more from you next time?" I started ranting.

  "What do you mean by the last part?" Ashton asked.

  "Ok I'll give you an example, imagine I'm asking Luke a question and he doesn't answer it because he doesn't have the answer or because he's shy, she tells him, 'I expect more from you next time' and then moves on and ask another kid. I don't know but I think that's rude and she does it mostly with the quiet and shy people. It makes them feel bad for them because like they can't help it if they don't like their voice or are to shy to answer." I ranted.

"Okay I see your point." He said and all of them agreed.

  "We'll go on Monday after school." Mum nodded and I agreed. I mentally face palmed again.