Chapter 6

Calypso's (POV)

The whole day has been a drag, except when Anthony asked me on a date properly and I got detention again. Which means I have detention today, Monday and Tuesday. I sighed thinking about it and the teacher shushed me. I was in detention right now much disappointment to my boyfriend but some of this is his fault.

"Ms.Hood do you have anything else to do?" She stared me down with a bitch face.

"No I don't, I've finished everything because it's Friday and my schedule is to do my homework in class for my weekends to be free." I answered.

"Well because you have me two more days I want you to read this book." She sighed and set it down on her desk. I was interested in the challenge so I got up and I picked the book up.

"Paper Towns?" I asked bewildered.

"Yeah you're the type of girl that will connect with the main character. You'll love it. If you finish this by Tuesday I'll give you three homework passes." She smirked. I nodded accepting and I walked back to my desk. I was literally the only one here so I started reading. This book actually started really interesting. I made it to page 50 when she announced that detention was over. I was so intrigued by the book I wanted to read more.

"You may leave Ms.Hood." She chuckled.

"Oh yes, yes right!" I smiled taking the book with me. She didn't even say anything. I thought she would say you have to read it here or something? I walked through the halls to the front and couldn't help but shiver. This place is so dead without people here. I guess you would think that because you're so use to it being really pact and think that it should be like this all the time? I shook the thought of my mind. I think of weird things seriously. I chuckled at my thought and started the 15 minute walk home. I guess I do need the exercise. I got my earphones out and listened to music while walking. Note that I still need to get my phone back. I can't be using my iPod. I suddenly got a message from Anthony.

From: Bae 👏🏽😍

I never said when the date was going to be.....

I was hoping he would have thought about it on Sunday. I'm embarrassed to say that I'm grounded. What should I say? How am I getting messages to my iPod? Oh yeah! I payed for Internet everywhere! That means you can use message and FaceTime! I walked to a cross light and quickly answered.

To: Bae 👏🏽😍

Can I talk to you when I get home?

From: Bae 👏🏽😍

Why not now? 😔

To: Bae 👏🏽😍

Because I might get ran over -Xx

I put my iPod in my pocket and started walking when it said I could. It was strange texting him on my iPod, it was tinier and I felt like the screen is smaller too and it's the 5th generation. Okay stop I've got to think, what am I going to do with this date? He said he doesn't want me sneaking around so that means he wants to knock on my door and give me flowers and stuff like that. My mum said I'm grounded and Calum will get mad. Maybe I should tell him? I'm so embarrassed to tell him. This is why I need friends that are girls. I need girl advice right now, everything points to tell him but what am I going to tell him.

"Sorry I can't go to the date, I'm grounded and my brother will get mad." That's so embarrassing to say to your boyfriend. He'll think that I'm such a child still getting grounded. He'll want to break up with me or something, this is high school he can get any other girl he wants. I really like him and everyone wants him which makes me insecure as well. What if we do break up and guys will be disgusted by me because I probably slept with him and got an STD or something. I sighed and looked up at the sky, what am I going to do! I wasn't looking where I was going and I bumped into someone.