Chapter 25 - An Audition To Remember

Chapter 25 – An Audition To Remember

-Brooklyn-

Dallas had decided to come back home the weekend after I'd run away which although was a little annoying because mum insisted that I stay at home all weekend for ‘family time’ was mostly good because it meant I wouldn’t have to travel to Dalton on my own. Dallas was not coming in with me though. The school had given me permission to have the day off and although I had to leave at 7 I was really excited.

“Brook, we have to leave in a minute, are you ready?” I heard my brother deep voice through the door and as I was still sat at the dresser putting my lip gloss on began to panic.

“Two seconds Dallas; I'm just putting my shoes on!” I shouted back through the closed door. It was a little white lie but if I'd have told him the truth then he would have been angry at me, besides I'd nearly finished. I slipped on my military heels and walked towards the door, picking up my bag on the way out. I walked down the stairs to the hall way and because mum had already left for work Dallas was the only moving thing in the house other than me.

“What took you so long Brook, you’re normally ready in no time?” Dallas sounded a little annoyed but I could understand because we were already ten minutes behind schedule.

“I have to make a good impression Dallas, this is the first time they’re seeing me and if I don’t look good then it will probably be the last.” Dallas opened the door and was almost pushing me out of it trying to get me to hurry up.

“Well you look beautiful everyday Brook and if they don’t like you then they’re mad.” We got into the car and as Dallas started the engine music came blaring out of the radio. I leaned forward to turn it down and gave Dallas a dirty look, every time we got into his car he had the music stupidly loud and I was surprised he wasn’t deaf by now.

“Dallas, you’re my brother, you have to say that.” I wasn’t falling for Dallas’ flattery but it was nice to have a bit of positivity from him, instead of criticism.

The rest of the journey to London was fairly quiet, there was the odd chit chat topic but Dallas was otherwise silent. I couldn’t place my finger on what was making me so quiet either, whether it was the pressure of the audition, the thought of missing a day of school so close to my exams or even what had happened last week.

We arrived just in time and were lucky we didn’t hit any traffic. Dallas pulled up outside and I stared up in amazement at the beautiful building that stood in front of me, the windows were ornate and through an arch in the middle I could see a small court yard with a patch of grass and benches. A brick near the top of the building read 1746 and I couldn’t believe that something so old could still look so beautiful.

 I jumped out of the car ran around to give Dallas a hug and then walked towards the arch, I was still staring up when I heard a loud ringing, suddenly the before empty court yard was bustling with people. I tried to find the sign post marked ‘auditioning students’ again but now all I could see were people’s heads and bags. I pushed through crowds of giggling girls and when I felt something hit my bag I turned around to check it was still there.

“You look lost?” I turned my head back around to see that my body was pressed firmly against a dark blue Hollister jumper. I craned my neck upwards to see a beautiful sculpted face, I had a shocked look on my face and this must have been of some amusement to the god like figure in front of me because he chuckled a little and then took a step back.

I was still in stunned silence but I had to string a sentence together before he found out that I was a total idiot. “Yeah I am. I'm Brooklyn by the way.” I did it; I'd managed to talk to a ridiculously gorgeous stranger without looking stupid or weird.