Chapter 4 - An Unmissable Offer

Chapter 4 – An Unmissable Offer

-Samson-

She’s really confusing me now, one minute she supposedly hates me and the next she’s all over me If she could just make up her mind and stop being so annoying and know-it-all –ish then I might even love her , that’s if she loves me. Wow love, that’s a big word, and yet it’s only four letters. See that is exactly the sort of thing she would take the piss out of me for saying.  I walked slowly with Kyle, Jesse and Frank towards our tutor room in a world of my own until I finally fell out of it with a thump when I walked into the doorway.

“Samson, what IS up with you today?” Jesse was the most sympathetic of my mates but he still wasn’t someone you’d go to if you had a problem, especially one as big as Brooklyn. I shook my head a bit and looked around; we can’t be in tutor already surly. It doesn’t feel like we’ve been walking long enough.

“Nothing Jesse I'm fine just thinking about the game on Saturday, you still coming to watch?” I asked knowing full well he was. Jesse had hurt his leg a couple of months ago and although he was off crutches he still wasn’t playing football again yet, but he still came to every single training and game.

“Hell yeah, you can only win when I'm there, even if I'm not playing.” The fact he couldn’t play was hurting Jesse more than his leg but he was a “man” he wasn’t going to show it in his voice but there was little he could do about his face. I wouldn’t mention it though because he’s a “man”.

Tutor was boring as usual but we had a study period afterwards which is basically code for “we can’t be bothered to teach you this afternoon so do whatever the fuck you like” and it was cool because most of us went up to the common room and hung out but some people went to the library to study in silence. As I was wondering up stairs I felt a tap on my shoulder, it was a small finger so I guessed it must have been one of the girls but I had to turn around to see who it was. It was Hanna, I'd never spoken to Hanna before but I'd been in a few of her classes and I knew she was friends with Brooklyn and she was also loaded.

“What do you want?” my voice sounded moody but I didn’t mean it to come out like that but then I thought who cares what she thought of me. I'd reached the top of the stairs and pulled to the side Hanna came towards me with one hand in her pocket and another pulling her mouse brown hair out of her eye. She was stunningly beautiful but for some reason I didn’t really want to get to know her, she just wasn’t my type.

“Well I need to talk to you.” She said it with purpose and took her bag of her shoulder and put it down next to her, I had a feeling it was going to be a long ‘talk’. “ I guess you know that Brook likes you, god knows why but she does and that’s her choice and I respect that. but I get the feeling that you don’t like her the way she likes you?” she made it seem like a question and I really felt like walking away but something intriguing kept me there. She began to tap her foot and so I rushed for an answer.

“Well, urmm, I like her but as a friend, does she really like me that much?” answer a question with a question that’s something I'd always been good at.

“Yes she does, but are you sure you don’t like her like that.” She replied in a sly tone and pulled out a 50 pound not from her pocket, she held it towards me and gestured for me to take it.

She was trying to bribe me into going out with Brooklyn, I couldn’t do that to her. But I could do with the money; I could buy a new football shirt and get my mum a proper birthday present. I guess I could give it a go and who knows something might happen. I reached out and when to take the note but Hanna still had hold of it.

“Well can I take it?” I wanted to ask that with a tone but the offer might disappear if I did and I really wanted the money now.

“You have to be going out with her by the end of the day or I WILL kill you trust me.” She sounded scary and so I wasn’t about to take the money and run. “There will be one of those every week while you’re dating.” She said as she released the note from her hand.

“Ok that’s great.” I replied and she began to walk away. But then she stopped and turned around to face me.

“She’s gone to the library in case you were wondering, and you have. “. She pulled out her phone looked at it and then continued. “- 45 minutes until I get that money back if you haven’t asked her.”

I smiled and winked at Hanna, turned around and walked back down the stairs to go and find Brooklyn in the library, I can’t believe I was going to do this but it was £50 how could I refuse?