Chapter 5 - A Question Of Confusion

Chapter 10 is finished and 11 is very nearly there, it's amazing what you can do with a day off school. I know that I only sent out a request this morning but I REALLY need a cover for my story. 

Enjoy   J :) <3

Chapter 5 – A Question of confusion

Brooklyn sat on her own at the small private desk in the corner; there were books and papers spread out around the small pink net book laptop that was situated in the middle. The books piled up around the edges but she still needed one more. She stood up slowly and gracefully being careful not to trip over the maze of bags at her feet. She reached the book shelf just in time to peer through the spaces where books once sat to see who had made the rusty old door squeak. It was Samson, Dylan his best friend was sat at the desk around the corner from Brooklyn so she just suspected he’d come to him. She drew her attention back to the shelf of books and started flicking through them.

“Boo!” Samson stood behind her and whispered in Brooklyn’s ear as he pinched her ribs and made her jump. She dropped the book that was in her hand and she bent down straight away to pick the book up. As she came back up again she caught the eye of a very smiley Samson.

“What are you doing here?” Brooklyn asked with a sense of annoyance in her voice as she turned away from Samson and headed back to where she was sitting with the ‘helpful’ book she’d just found.

“Well, I was talking to Hanna and she told me how much you like me and so I got to thinking, and well maybe you might want to go to the cinema on Saturday and see the new rom-com that’s coming out?” Samson followed Brooklyn to her seat and sat down next to her. He walked his hands slowly across the table until they reached her arm.

“What this Saturday?” Brooklyn’s ears had pricked up and whatever she had been planning for that weekend had just totally flown out of her mind.

“Yeah this Saturday” Samson picked up his hand and began to brush Brooklyn’s arm. “So do you wanna come?” Samson looked up at Brook without moving his head so it looked almost as if he was begging her.

“Well I think I'm free.” Brooklyn couldn’t help but smile and she turned to look at him as she touched his hand that was on top of her arm.

“Great so it’s a date.” Samson almost shouted as he jumped up from his chair. He reached his hand out for Brooklyn to take but she shook her head.

“I can’t I have to study for the English exam next week.” Brooklyn picked her pen back up and opened the book.  She heard Samson’s footsteps as he walked away and then heard the squeaky door open and close. After she was sure he was gone she finally got up from her desk and danced over to the bookshelf to replace the book. Unfortunately Brooklyn wasn’t the most graceful of girls and inevitably she tripped over her own feet and fell to the floor. She sat up and brushed herself down.

“Only you could have such a spectacular fall.” The deep voice came from somewhere above her. Brooklyn looked up to see the wisps of blonde hair that belonged to Dylan, Samson’s best friend, but what did he want?

“Oh ha-ha Dylan very funny but that actually really hurt” Brooklyn looked back down at her leg but she couldn’t see much though her tights but she knew it hurt.

“Well then it’s your fault for being so excited isn’t it?” Dylan was now down at Brooklyn’s side inspecting her leg and tut-ing to himself as if he could see something she couldn’t.

“Well I'm sorry if your best friend just asked me out on a date and now I'm too busy planning what I’m going to wear to worry about balance.” Her excitement shone through her smile and though her voice.

“Really?” Dylan asked as if it was something so imposable, and his puzzled look puzzled Brooklyn.

“Yes and why does that seem so imposable to you?” Brooklyn was still sat examining her leg but she wasn’t fully concentrating on it anymore, she was more interested in what Dylan had to say.

“It doesn’t I just got the feeling he didn’t like you like that the other day, but who knows anything that goes on inside his head anymore.” Dylan stood up and held his hand out to help Brooklyn get up. She paused for a minute looking puzzled at his hand wondering why after all the time she’d known him and he’d not said a word, why suddenly he was interested.

“Well maybe now I'm his girlfriend he might tell me what’s going on inside his head? But why are you being so nice to me all of a sudden?” she took his hand and pulled herself up; she dusted herself down and went to sit back down at her desk. Dylan followed her back and sat in the seat that Samson had when he’d asked her out.

“Well you are my best friend’s girlfriend now, remember?” Dylan smiled and picked up her history book, he flicked the pages and waited for an answer, he didn’t get one, all he got was a smile.

“Of course I am. How could I forget? Now if you’ll excuse me I have to catch a bus.” Brooklyn packed up her books and gathered them close to her chest. She stood up and shimmied her way past Dylan.

“I guess I'll see you on Monday then?” Dylan called after Brooklyn as she pulled open the big creaky door, and ran out into the sunshine.