173

(please check out the previous chapter if you haven't yet)

phil woke up first, trying to shift but failing as a heavy body was pressing him down into the mattress, heavy breathing echoing in his ears and dan's tanned arm draped across his waist. dan's lips were dry, brushing softly against phil's neck and his hair was slightly tangled, messily sticking up in different directions.

phil smiled.

he loved to wake up to this, to dan's small frame cloaking his and their legs tangled, chests rising and falling at a regulated pace, creating a beautiful rhythm.

he could wake up to this every morning.

this was so different from last night when they fell asleep on the opposite corners, silence looming in the empty sheets between them. he shook the thought out of his head and gently pushed off dan's arm from around his waist, kissing his forehead and getting out of bed, pulling the covers up till dan's chest so he wasn't cold.

he let out a quiet yawn, carefully opening the door causing a faint screech to erupt from it but dan was still asleep, his lips parted and his eyes closed, and phil let out a sigh of relief before running a hand through his messy hair and smoothing them down over his forehead.

he went downstairs in stumbling steps, rubbing his eyes and walking into the kitchen where he found his mother sipping on a cup of tea, a newspaper in her hands, her glasses resting upon her nose and her hair slightly damp, probably because she just showered.

"good morning mum," phil's voice was croaky and his mother just looked up from the paper in her hand towards her son, giving him a small smile.

"morning phil," she beckoned him to come sit next to her and phil lazily walked towards her, taking a seat on the adjacent breakfast stool. "sleep well?" she asked with a knowing look on her face and phil just furrowed his eyebrows slightly.

"um, yeah," he answered, scratching the back of his head and watched as the woman folded the paper neatly, crossing her arms over it and squinting her eyes slightly at phil.

"where did daniel sleep?" she asked and phil could feel his cheeks flushing, his eyes widening before he cleared his throat and avoided her gaze.

"uh-we, we were playing video games last night and h-he fell asleep in my room only," he made up a lie and flinched slightly when his mum raised her eyebrows, reaching forward and gripping phil's hand gently.

"you two have something going on, don't you?" phil just shook his head frantically.

"m-mum! it's nothing like that, w-we're just friends," he protested, pupils blown slightly as he licked his lips, trying to come up with a suitable excuse.

"you don't behave like just friends," his mother scoffed and he just looked at her with red cheeks, his fingers twisting his dark hair nervously.

"w-what do you mean?"

"i am not blind phil," she firmly stated and phil can physically feel the heat radiate off of him, his stomach tying itself into an intangible knot. what if his mother hates the idea of him and dan together? what if they turn out like dan's parents?

"it's complicated," he finally sighs, risking it. he didn't tell her anything, only testing the waters so that he could see his mother's reaction.

"it's okay, i just thought you would tell me about it?" she frowned. "we were best friends when you were younger, remember?" she nudged her elbow against phil's and phil just blushed, running a hand through his hair and making them fall messily on his forehead.

"a-are you mad at me?" he finally asked, diverting his gaze from the old counter towards his mother's face and she just gave him a soft smile, getting up and kissing his cheek.

"not at all," she patted his head adoringly and phil just sighed, burying his face in his hands and sighing out of relief, before he heard his mother speak again.

"daniel is lovely,"

--
im sorry this one's shit i'll make up for it

so a lot of updates with mostly fluff and maybe a live stream to celebrate 1M??? what do you say