45

another crash resonated throughout the house and dan covered his ears, shifting backwards in his room. his parents had been fighting ever since he told them that he may have feelings toward the same sex. his father was outrageous, he had already beaten him to pulp and now he was after his mother, blaming her for his upbringing.

his mother had no problem accepting dan, she didn't care if he had feelings towards boys, girls or both. it was only his father, whose pride was hurt for some reason as he didn't want to be the parent of a faggot. dan was scared. he wanted someone to be there with him right now but he had no idea who. he could tell phil but it would be a lost cause. no matter how badly dan wanted to talk to phil he knew he couldn't. what if phil backs away from talking to dan after seeing his problematic family? dan would never want that.

"come out you fucking piece of shit!" dan was shaking with fear as he crawled to the very end of the room and watched the door vibrate with the harsh pounding on the door.

"i will not let you hurt him more than you already have! look at you are you a monster or a father?" he heard his mom yell and he broke into sobs. yet again he felt salty warm tears stinging the cuts on his face, but he couldn't stop. even if he tried he couldn't stop and he didn't know what to do. he could attempt to kill himself but he wasn't that brave.

"you don't speak in between! this is your fault!" the hateful voice of his father was breaking dan's heart further. for a moment he considered just saying that he will never have a relationship with a guy, but he couldn't bring himself to. from the day he had seen phil's face he knew he had something for him. and after those late night calls, the small things about him that dan noticed made him fall for phil. and there was no turning back now.

philly: dan please tell me you're okay

philly: i love you dan