157

"you still haven't eaten anything, do you want to have lunch here or outside?" phil asks, watching as dan makes no move to get up from the bed, blankly staring into space. it had been a good hour since their argument and both of them had not spoken much. the air was thick between them, and phil could physically feel the tension as he zipped dan's bag.

"i am not hungry," the younger boy replied bluntly, not taking his eyes off the black material of the sweatpants he was wearing. he did not put in any effort in his appearance instead of washing his face once to get rid of the redness. he avoided looking at phil and he did not feel like talking. everything was so awkward between them, but neither of them admitted the fact. they were just pretending that everything was normal.

"we'll grab something on our way," phil mumbles quietly, ignoring dan's statement and he checks his phone. it is two in the afternoon, and he told his mother that he'll be home by four with a friend. she did not mind and said she was happy that phil was finally bringing someone over after a long time, assuring phil that him and his friend could stay for however long they liked.

"i can carry my bag," dan muttered as phil draped both of their bags on his shoulders, grabbing the last one in one of his hands. phil just glanced at dan, taking a deep breath before opening the room door and grabbing the keys, sighing once both of them were out of it.

they stood in front of the elevator, and phil pressed the button before stepping back and impatiently tapping his foot. he looked over to the tanned boy, noticing the way his cheeks were flushed from crying and hair was curly because of the recent shower. he was just wearing a simple shirt with a pair of sweatpants and yet he managed to look breathtaking.

he looked away from dan once the elevator chimed open, walking in and pressing the button for the ground floor after dan had got in. he could feel the awkwardness brewing in the atmosphere, only the shallow sound of the elevator going down was heard in the deafening silence between them.

he hated it. he hated how things were just not going right.

when the doors opened again to the familiar lobby, phil reached for dan's hand out of habit, grabbing it gently and slotting their fingers together. dan just looked back with slightly wide eyes at the contact, urgently pulling his hand away and staring at his feet.

"don't," he said, almost inaudible but loud enough for phil to hear. phil's heart was breaking at the sight of them. they were so close to each other yet so far and the distance between them was almost impossible to handle. he wanted to apologise to dan, for hurting him, for making him suffer, but dan demanded answers and he just wasn't ready to give them to him.

how the hell was he supposed to tell him that he was in jail for week because of his parents?

dan would never stop blaming himself.

he just sighed, weakly returning the smile that the blonde girl behind the reception was giving him, pulling out his credit card and handing it to her. his eyes slightly widened at the amount, his breath hitching for a moment but he quit thinking about it when he remembered the impossible amount of pay checks in his bank account. and even if he did not have that much money left in his bank account, he wouldn't mind, because he spent it on dan, and money was the last thing he cared about.

dan on the other hand was bothered about the huge amount of money being spent on him. he hated the fact that he dropped out of college and did not have a job. he hated being so dependant on phil, even economically and for a moment he just considered calling his parents to ask for money because he did not like phil paying for everything.

phil noticed, the way dan's hands were shaking and his eyes had started watering again. the way his cheeks had a pink tint to them and he bit his lip harshly, staring aimlessly at his feet. he knew what dan was on about. he knew as soon as they exited the hotel, dan would blow up about the fact that phil had spent so much on him and how it was unnecessary and how he did not like it. he knew dan would be paranoid again, asking phil constantly whether he was sure about spending that much and how were they going to manage if phil was the only one who was earning. he would ramble about how he needed a job on the spot and talk about how he hated the fact that he was so dependant on him.

and fair enough, as soon as they exited the hotel that was what happened.

"i don't like this phil, i don't like that you are the one who has to pay for everything. i feel useless, i should really get a job. how do you think it's going to work out in the future if this keeps happening? please stop spendi-" but this time phil took a different approach to calm him down. he simply leaned forward and pressed his lips softly against dan in a brief kiss before pulling back.

dan's face held a slightly shocked expression because he was caught off guard, and he just wiped his mouth, feeling the heat rise in his cheeks. he quietly followed phil after that, none of them speaking, only the sound of their footsteps echoing the space between them.

--
i hated this chapter

also yes i have stopped with the references bc not all people listen to them and some people complain about how it ruins the mood so :/

also, i'm so glad you guys like the idea of radio//phan????? it'll be out soon ;)

alsO THANKS FOR 700K