108

after ten minutes, phil was sitting on the roof, huffing and trying to catch his breath. as soon as phil's eyes landed on dan he was heartbroken. it wasn't the same boy he had been seeing the past few days.

there was no warm glow to his skin, his hands were shaking, his cheeks were still tinted pink but not because of laughter, because of the intense amount of crying and his eyes were not twinkling with anticipation they were puffy and red and phil would make dan forget everything again if he could, so he didn't have to look at dan suffer.

"dan," phil whispered, crawling towards dan's anxious frame, his knees to his chest and his hands gripping his wavy hair, a layer of sweat coating his skin.

"dan, it's going to be okay baby, i'm here," phil reluctantly wrapped his arm around dan's shoulders and pulled him to his chest and dan just fell limp in his grip, resting his head on phil's shoulder tiredly and staring off into the blinding light of stars.

"dan? please talk to me," phil pleaded and dan really wanted to open his mouth and say something but he was afraid that if he did, all that would come out will be strangled sobs.

"everything is okay, we are okay, look at me," phil grabbed dan's weltered face between his cold hands and looked into his eyes, trying to get dan to say something.

"no phil," his eyes were haunting and so devoid of colour and there was no warmth in them, the caramel colour fading away so quickly and phil felt his fingers slipping from dan's cheeks.

"nothing will be okay, they will come back and nothing will be okay, nothing," dan repeated, his body rocking back and forth and phil could feel the lump growing in his throat. dan's mind was going to a very negative place and phil felt responsible for what was happening. he should have never dragged dan into something so painful, so consuming. how did dan even fall for him? their relationship was so toxic and unhealthy and phil was having second thoughts when he shouldn't have.

he just shook his head and gulped, wiping the tears threatening to spill from his eyes and got ahold of dan's shoulders.

"dan listen to me,"

"no phil, nothing will be-"

"everything will be okay, i will make it okay,"

--
200 followers aye thanks so much!
take care guys and please forgive me if i haven't been replying i am just really busy x