66

after eating pizza and watching some old animes, a few kisses here and there, dan and phil both decided to go to sleep. this time phil didn't bother to take a blanket in the lounge and sleep on the uncomfortable couch. he simply changed into his pyjama bottoms and slipped beside dan. on cue, dan wrapped his arms around phil's waist and phil buried his face in dan's chest, both of them slowly drifting off. phil falling asleep to dan's steady heartbeat and dan to phil's constant, heavy breathing.

in the middle of the night though, dan's peaceful sleep was interrupted. he furrowed his eyebrows and unwrapped one of his arms from around phil's hips, rubbing his sticky eyes and leaning forward to grab his phone off the nightstand.

"hello?" he cleared his throat. he felt phil stir in his sleep so he quickly kissed his forehead and wrapped his other arm, tighter around phil's body.

"dan?" his mother's voice filled the phone. it was squeaky and timid and dan's face immediately screwed up, thinking what could be the cause of the tense way his mother called his name.

"mum?"

"you need to come home," she sighed and dan literally could not breathe, as he felt the air in the room thickening and phil stirred again.

"w-why?" dan stuttered, running his hand through his messy fringe. he was sitting upright now, trying to think about what is happening, his heart beating fast. why did his mum want him to come home all of a sudden?

"what do you mean why? this is your house, you live here," he could hear his father's voice murmuring somewhere in the background and it pained him to even think about stepping in that house.

"yeah, but," dan tried to argue. he wanted to spend more days with phil.

"but nothing. your dad has accepted you now, you need to come here, as soon as possible," his mum ordered, a certain edge to her voice and dan gulped feeling the sweat beading on his forehead.

the line went dead, and dan dropped the phone from his hand, his eyes shifting to phil. he looked so peaceful, laying there. his pale skin was glowing under the amber light of the lamp and his dark hair covered most of his forehead messily. his mouth was slightly parted, soft snores escaped his plump lips.

the very thought of leaving phil, not being able to see him in the morning, sleep with him at night, having meals together and just touch him and hug him and kiss him, pained dan. it was hurting his heart that this beautiful fairytale that he had created with phil was ending this soon.

he really didn't want to leave phil.

"dan?" phil turned in his position and splayed his hand across the sheets, trying to find the younger boy.

"here," dan mumbled, feeling a growing lump in his throat as he lowered his body and laid next to phil once again. phil relaxed his eyebrows and hooked his leg around dan's waist, resting his head on dan's chest and falling back into an undisturbed sleep. dan on the other hand couldn't sleep. the idea of leaving this lifestyle he hand created with phil haunted him and every time he closed his eyes, all he could see was phil's bright blue eyes and beautiful smile. the way his hair rested on his forehead, the way he laughed with his tongue resting between his teeth, the way he walked the way he talked, everything.

and dan didn't want to let go of this. of phil.

--
things may get ugly