148

"you haven't eaten anything at all have you?" phil accusingly stood in front of dan, who was still sitting on the edge of the bed, examining the pair of socks he borrowed from phil to avoid looking at him.

"i could say the same thing," dan mumbled softly, and phil just crossed his arms, angry at the fact that dan did not look after himself at all. how was he supposed to leave him on his own if this is how he treated himself?

"they didn't exactly give me pancakes there, you are in a hotel room you could've ordered anything," phil barked, stomping towards phone to order something to eat.

"they didn't give you? who?" dan furrowed his eyebrows, watching as phil shut his eyes and cursed under his breath as he realised what he had said. he tried avoiding dan's question as he called the room service, ordering some breakfast.

"phil?" dan called when the call ended and phil ran a hand through his fringe nervously.

"you're hiding something," dan squinted his eyes at the blue eyed boy and phil just scratched the back of his neck trying to think of a proper excuse. he did not want dan to know that he saw his parents or was in jail. he knew if dan got to know, he would just keep blaming himself for it and phil couldn't handle that.

"n-no, babe i'm not, it's just," phil stuttered.

"um, i went to this restaurant and they, they did not have very good food," phil said, eyes shifting away from dan face and even though dan didn't believe him, he decided not ask anymore questions as he did not want to push phil too much again, to the point where he gets frustrated and leaves him. again.

"okay," dan sighed unconvincingly staring at him. he hated the fact that the air was thickening and it was getting awkward with phil standing, doing nothing in particular. he never offered dan an explanation for his behaviour and that made dan want to question everything phil was doing.

"where did you go?" dan asked the inevitable question, lifting his head slightly to look at phil, and phil looked back at him, hesitant to answer.

"i-i just drove around," phil avoided his gaze and shuffled through his bag.

"did you not get my texts?" dan asked softly, a certain edge to his voice and when phil looked at him, he was staring blankly at his lap, twiddling his fingers together.

"i," phil began, but stopped when he looked at dan's pained expression. "i'm sorry, i turned my phone off," he told him and dan just nodded simply.

"you still love me right?" dan's voice was strained and phil's face softened at the sound. he hated the fact that dan was having second thoughts over their relationship. he knew that he had messed up by leaving and not offering an explanation to dan, but it was for his own benefit. phil did not want dan to bother about him more than he already did.

"yes i do dan, i love you so much," phil simply replied and dan just laughed humourlessly.

"i thought you were gone you know?" he said. "i thought that you did not love me anymore," he wiped his eyes, redness creeping up his neck, probably from the embarrassment that this was the fourth time he was crying in the past 24 hours.

"i'm really sorry dan i shouldn't have," phil was unable to say anything that could comfort dan so he simply reached forward and sat down next to dan, pulling him to his chest.

"it's okay, i'm stupid," dan laughed to ease the tension, desperately rubbing his eyes to wipe out the moisture, and phil just sighed, placing a kiss against his forehead.

"no you're not–"phil was about to continue but the knocking interrupted them indicating that the breakfast was here. dan proceeded to move out of phil's embrace but phil just pushed him back down, placing a swift kiss against his cheek and getting up to answer the door.

--
so much crying...
relatable :)