104

"okay so tell me all about it," dan folded his legs, bringing his knees to his chest. he rested his head tiredly over his knees, staring at phil in anticipation.

phil could not even speak when dan was looking like a five year old child listening to a fairytale. but frankly speaking, it wasn't very far from their current situation. meeting dan was basically a fairytale, and so after admiring dan's chocolate brown eyes and his messy hair for the millionth time, he took a deep breath and began from the very start.

"you texted me for the first time, four months ago on snapchat," phil recalled dan's confident and flirty personality and leaned back on his palms staring in the cloudy night sky.

it was supposed to be clear, the sky.

it was supposed to be full of ignited stars that would shine upon dan's tanned skin and the moon should have been round and full and bright and not a bare thin crescent but there was nothimg phil could do about it.

nothing seemed right except the fact that it was almost three am and dan was sitting right beside him.

"and i was very reluctant to talk to you," phil stated with a breathy laugh, moisture coating his eyes as he tilted his head back.

"you mean i forced you to talk to me?" dan wasn't sure if he believed phil but he wanted to listen. somehow listening to phil talk, the way his voice was slightly hoarse and incredibly deep, calmed every nerve in dan and once again dan was confused as to why that was happening. but for the first time, he did not mind.

"you did actually," phil looked sideways at dan giving him a small smile and dan blushed, his cheeks heating even though it was so cold outside that there was moss growing on his skin.

"you're a liar, i can't do that," dan flailed his arms a bit, again like a five year old and phil laughed at him.

"i am not lying, and you know how you think i flirt with you?" phil shifted his body so he was sitting cross legged facing dan completely an eager smile on his face. somehow, after seeing dan's reaction to their history, he didn't mind reminding him what they had and what he desperately missed.

"i think? i know you flirt with me," dan rolled his eyes at phil, dimples popping in both cheeks as he turned his body towards the pale boy as well.

"well you started it first," phil rested his elbows on his knees and put his chin in his hands, gazing dazily at dan.

"i don't believe you!" dan argued copying phil's position. they were sitting so close now. their faces a couple inches apart and it wouldn't take much effort for phil to lean forward and kiss dan. he didn't though. he just stared at the pretty boy in front of him, wondering how he could forget everything that ever happened between them.

"well you did, you were like oh phil you are so pretty and oh phil please skype me," phil tried mocking dan's articulate voice but he had to stop in the middle because he was laughing too hard and dan was pouting and his face was red with embarrassment as he pushed against phil's shoulder.

and just like old times, they spent the whole night on the worn out roof with phil telling dan everything he could remember and dan intently listening to phil.

the nostalgic flashbacks were unfolding right in front of his eyes and he was so confused because his head was hurting and everything was coming back to him in crashing waves but he could not comprehend anything. his brain was still pushing the thought of phil far far away but his body just wanted phil to stay close because looking at his pale skin and listening to his deep voice made everything better. and dan was having an internal war between his mind and body and it was absolutely maddening. but phil was there, and phil made everything better and it was good and so when phil was in the middle of telling dan how there first skype call went, dan just shushed him and rested his head on phil's broad shoulder and when phil smiled and wrapped his arm tightly around his back, after a long time, dan finally felt like he was at home.

--
it's almost over!!

(no its not)