116

it was warm and cozy, heavy breathing and cuddles until dan's phone decided to ruin it once again. phil was in a dense slumber, not affected by the constant ringing of dan's phone but dan had goosebumps on his skin as soon as the sound rang in his ears.

the screen (øn my chest) was too bright for dan's eyes when he opened them, the bey exposed brightness causing an ache in his head. it took his pupils a while to adjust before he could read his mother's number flashing on the device. his first instinct was obviously to throw the phone out of the window to avoid answering the call, but he decided against it, detangling his arms from phil involuntarily, and sitting up straight in bed. phil just twisted in his place, repositioning himself and dan ran a hand through his hair to help him fall back asleep.

he stared at the phone helplessly, not wanting to answer the call but the ringing seemed to get louder and louder each second, begging dan to pick up his phone and answer.

"hello?" he finally pressed the cold device against his hot skin, and he heard a slight mumbling before his mother's voice boomed from the microphone.

"dan? where the hell are you!" her voice was loud and annoying, and dan just wanted to tell her to fuck off because honestly, he did not want to deal with this right now. he honestly thought his mother understood him, but she clearly didn't.

because if she did, she wouldn't have sent him with those people.she would have atleast tried to listen to him first.

but she didn't. she just agreed with his asshole of a father.

"i'm," dan stuttered. "i'm away from home," he stated the obvious, his heart beating wildly in his chest.

"where?!" she was frantic, the voices in the background were loud and incomprehensible and it made dan want throw the phone against the wall.

"i'm just, i'm safe, i just don't want to stay there mom," he mumbled, hearing a well audible sigh from the other side. the line went silent for a while before there was a slight shuffling heard.

"you daniel howell, come back home right now!" this time it wasn't the shrill voice of his mother. it was deep and intimidating, and it was his father's.

"no," he simply stated, running a hand through his wavy hair and taking a deep breath to control his pulsing heart.

"what did you say?"

"i said no," he stay put, trying not be intimidated by his father's dominant voice.

"are you with that boy again! what was his fucking name? preston!"

"his name is not preston," dan timidly spoke. "and i'm not with him," he lied.

"i swear to god dan, you and that boy are going to regret thi-" before he could say anything else dan just ended the call, rubbing his hands over his burning hot skin. he could feel the sweat beading on his forehead, a thin layer of moisture coating his entire body and he was beyond paranoid. he was extremely anxious and the thought of his parents doing something that may harm phil and him scared him. he just can't stop thinking about the possibility that his parents are going to send those two men to phil's house and they are going to take him away again.

he can't risk it.

he can't risk loosing phil again and he can't risk them coming here and hurting phil in any way.

"dan?" phil sleepily mumbled, laying his hand across the sheets to find the younger boy.

"yeah," dan's voice was lost in his throat. his body was literally shaking and he felt suffocated. he just wanted to get away from his problematic family for a while, he just wanted to live peacefully.

"dan, you okay?" phil's voice was hoarse and his eyelids were heavy as he opened them to take a look at the brunette boy, who's body was shaking and who was biting his lip so hard that there was almost blood oozing out.

"dan! what's wrong, what happened?" phil rubbed his eyes, wrapping his arms quickly around dan's fidgeting body, and running a hand through his almost sweaty hair.

"they're going to come for us phil, my dad called and he, we can't stay here, i am so scared, phil please do something," dan nervously rambled, backing into phil's grip and nuzzling his face into phil's neck for comfort.

"but you are legal? wasn't it your choice if you want to leave or not?" phil softly ran his hand up and down dan's spine, trying to calm his nerves.

"i-i don't know what my parents might do, they are crazy, he said i will regret this, what does he mean? what if he sends thos-"

"sh, it's okay, it's fine, calm down,"

"no phil, i'm so,"

"we can go somewhere else for a while okay?" phil reassured dan, even-though he wasn't sure himself how things were going to go, but he was willing to try.

"okay," dan reluctantly muttered, closing his eyes and leaning further into phil.

"just take out your sim card and like throw it or something, incase they call again," phil suggested and dan nodded, grabbing the device and handing it to phil, too spent to do anything.

"jesus christ phil, do you even think this is going to work out for us?" dan anxiously whispered and phil just kissed his forehead in return, pulling dan closer to him.

"as long as we are together in this, everything's gonna work, we will make it work," dan just nodded lazily in return, slumping his body against phil and closing his eyes to try and mask the reality for a while.

"you stay here okay? i'll be back," phil murmured, and dan once again nodded, too tired mentally and physically to ask any more questions.

--

if there was one thing you could change about yourself, what would it be?

(also, i don't think this fic is gonna get over for a while soz)

(also i should calm down bc this chapter was like so long??????? ffs)