114

it was six in the morning by the time phil parked his car in front of his apartment, a wide awake dan sitting beside him and his thigh covered with one of phil's hands. the whole journey was not at all how phil expected it to be. it's not like he was complaining though. he expected dan to be paranoid and tired and constantly complaining about everything. he expected him to ask phil a million questions about how it was going to be, living together in a house meant for only one person, how will they manage everything, what kind of job he wanted and questions like that. but it wasn't like that. dan was calm, so calm that it was almost worrying.

he was affectionate and patient and extremely adorable and squishy and phil loved it. he loved the way dan's thumb was rubbing circles on the back of his hand soothingly as they walked in the aisles of the deserted store. he loved the way dan quietly sipped on his coffee while resting his head against phil's chest, allowing phil to run his hand up and down his spine in a soothing manner. he loved the way dan would occasionally lean in and kiss phil's cheek, or just simply push the hair out of his eyes. dan's gestures were soft and loving and with every touch phil was drawn closer to him. he wanted to do so much more to dan, than just kiss him. he wanted to explore every part of his perfect body but he wasn't sure if dan was ready for that so he kept his evocative thoughts to himself. phil did not really mind any of that except the fact that his cheeks were burning red whenever he imagined anything close to it.

"so, we are here finally," dan mumbled softly, placing his hand over phil's to give it a small squeeze and phil just smiled adoringly at him.

"yes we are," phil nodded his head, turning his engine off and for the second time both of them got out of car. it was chilly outside, keeping in mind it was the mid of december, phil was surprised that it has been quite a while since it has snowed.

phil opened the back door and pulled out dan's bags, remembering dan's frazzled state when he was packing. there was such a difference (between us and a million miles) in dan's behaviour between now and a couple hours ago. it was strange, the way he had gained back his composure.

"i'll do that, you don't have to," dan blushed, admiring the way phil's broad shoulders held his bags.

"it's okay," phil smiled reassuringly at him, grabbing the leftover bags in both his hands and climbed up the stairs with dan leading the way.

--
black holes and revelations (muse anyone?????)