72

"jesus, why couldn't that paul drive you back? this taxi cost me a good fortune," dan's mum sighed, taking out her purse and paying the cab driver.

"his name is phil, mum," dan rolled his eyes, the ache in his heart expanding every second he thought about phil. what was he doing right now? did he cry as much as dan did while leaving him? did he think about dan? did he think about forgiving him? did he bother to reply?

dan fished out his phone and pressed the power button. the screen lit up, but there was no sign of any message or call from phil.

"what are you doing? always on the phone," his mum muttered, grabbing his arm and dragging him inside the house. dan cringed walking in the house to see his father, sitting on the couch across from two men dressed in a suit and tie. his father's animalistic behaviour was no where to be seen, as he walked towards dan and pulled him into an unexpected hug.

"good to see you son," he patted his back and dan just stared at him confused. is he high? or he simply chose to ignore the purple bruise spread over dan's cheek and his slightly busted lip?

"yeah," dan simple replied, glancing oddly towards the two men, and started to make his way up the stairs, to his room.

"where are you going? these people have come here to talk to you," his father interrupted his actions and dan retreated from the steps, keeping a good distance between them.

"what about?" he scrunched his eyebrows, dropping the bag from his shoulder, onto the floor. it was heavy and dan already had a slightly bruised shoulder, which he definitely wouldn't want to get worse.

"kid, you're only young and we know you are confused about um," the blonde man started, shifting his eyes to dan's father before continuing. "your sexual preferences. you could use a bit of consultation-"

"i appreciate you coming here," dan seethed looking at his parents with a glare that could only emit one emotion, hate. "but i don't need your consultation. i'm an adult and i am old enough to make my own decisions. now if you'll excuse me," dan muttered, quickly jogging up the stairs and entering his room, closing the door behind him. the lock was broken, and there was nothing dan could do about it so he just sighed, throwing his bag on the floor and laying across his duvet.

his bed wasn't as soft as phil's, it didn't smell like cinnamon and maple syrup, it wasn't warm, it wasn't phil's. dan could not find the comfort in his own bed, the comfort that actually made him want to sleep. he sighed, grabbing his phone again opening the snapchat app, scrolling through all the saved chats of him and phil.

he ran a hand through his hair and typed phil a quick message.

danhowell: mum and dad called a counsellor for me

danhowell: i kind of rudely dismissed them

danhowell: phil reply

danhowell: i didn't mean anything i said

danhowell: please don't be mad at me

snap sent

dan frowned when he saw the undelivered messages, and decided to just call phil. how many calls could phil ignore? he would have to answer sometime right?

--

dedicated to kittyrawrxxx bc cutieeee🍙