Chapter One

(This awesome edit is made by WooshieRinu thank you so much for taking time out of your day to make this!)

Author's Note-

Remember, there are references to real life, but some things aren't going to reflect reality within this story, as it is completely fiction. I hope you enjoy the story!

I waited impatiently for Jack to email me. We had just been playing Prop Hunt again with Bob and Wade, Jack promising he'd send me his face-cam video and audio for me before either of us took off to do something else. I was excited for it, knowing I'd get to see how many times I made him smile. I always tried over-the-top to make him laugh whenever we made any collaboration videos, just so I could selfishly see his entire face light up.

I heard a ping and jumped back to my computer, immediately groaning with disappointment as I realized it was from Wade. I leaned back in my chair, throwing my head up and sighing loudly.

'Goddamn it, Wade,' I thought to myself and heard another email come in. My eyes lit up and I went to discover it was from Bob. I was about to rage like I would when playing Mario Maker, when another email came in. I grinned brightly and opened the video with the audio already interlinked. I excitedly pushed it to full screen and giddily smiled, pressing play.

The first smile I found, which didn't take long, was the moment where I paused it. I took a screenshot and pushed it into a folder full of previous screenshots I've taken of him. I nervously looked around my office, as if someone was going to discover how creepy I was being towards my friend. I shrugged my shoulders and smirked, going to find more moments worthy of a screenshot.

~

I was pondering whether or not to make another highlights video or if I should wait a while longer. I decided I'd wait to see if I'd play another game with Jack, knowing I'll want to add more clips of our gameplay. I was about to head out of the office to grab a notebook I kept full of video ideas, when I got a notification from Skype.

The familiar giddy feeling erupted within me, the notebook long forgotten, when I noticed it was Jack calling for a video chat. I didn't want to seem too eager, so I allowed it to ring for a few moments. I got caught up in the thought of Jack's pretty blue eyes and completely forgot he was calling and missed it, only realizing when it stopped ringing. I quickly called back, noting that he didn't need to wait to answer like I did.

"Top of the mornin' to ya, laddies!" I mimicked his intro with a smirk when I answered. He laughed, rolling his eyes, a small blush to his cheeks, and I took a sneaky screenshot on my computer. "My name is Jacksepticeye and welcome back to Skype with Markiplier, say hi, Mark!"

"Hello, everybody. My name is Markiplier," Jack replied in a deep voice, getting close to the microphone, and I couldn't hold back the laughter.

"Alright, alright, what's up?" I changed the subject with a smile and he let his own laughter die down gradually.

"I was wondering if the video and audio I sent you was alright, I changed my equipment a bit," He explained and I looked nervously around the room, as if I hadn't already watched the whole thing and took endless screenshots of him.

"Yeah, it's good! I was just checking over everything everyone sent me not long ago. The video should be up tomorrow," I confirmed with a smile, hoping he'd have one of his own to share, which he did - as usual, his cute little cheeks perking up against the sides of his lips.

"Perfect!" He exclaimed in his chirpy, Irish accent. "So I was wondering if we should do another video soon. I've been seeing lots of requests for us to play The Forest again. I know it's been forever since the last time, but-"

"Of course we can play that again-"

"I just know how much more work it can be to do a collab video and I don't want to-"

"Jack," I interrupted firmly and he stopped talking. "I promise it's not any extra trouble, I was actually thinking of doing another video with you soon, before I do another highlights compilation."

"Okay," He caved, his cheeks noticeably heating up. "So... I wasn't going to say anything until tomorrow, but I've been thinking about traveling next week maybe. I was either going to go see you or Felix."

"I'll talk to Felix if you'd like and invite him to L.A., maybe Bob and Wade will be around," I offered, not really giving him an option to go anywhere but here.

"Sure, that would be wonderful," He smiled and I lathered myself in the moment. Jack was honestly just the sweetest person I have ever seen and his smile was everything worth living for.

"I'll let you go and call Felix. I'll tell you how it goes in a bit," I promised, not wanting to end the call, but knowing I had to. At least I had an excuse to ring him up later.

"Alright, talk to you later," He hung up and I cursed myself for not taking another screenshot of him before he left. I decided I'd take more in the next call and sent Felix a request to chat, to which he answered immediately to my surprise.

"Mark..." He said slowly and I looked at him in puzzlement because of the tone he was using.

"...Yes?" I replied, unsure what else to say. "What's up?"

"I was filming that video I was telling you about. You know, the one I asked you if I could hack into your computer for shits and giggles and you'd put in some random shit on your computer, but... I found a folder in specific that - uh - had over a thousand photos of Jack..." He trailed off and I let out a nervous chuckle and grinned.

"Septiplier away!" I laughed. "I thought that'd appeal to the fans."

"So that was for the video?" He asked, seeming slightly relieved. I was thankful for my ability to play everything off as a joke in that moment.

"Of course it was, do you really think I'd have a random folder full of Jack on my computer?" I laughed and Felix joined in, shaking his head slightly.

"I don't know, Mark. Sometimes I'm not sure with you," He sighed. "So why did you call?"

"Well, speaking of Jack, he wanted to come to L.A. and I was wondering if you wanted to come by too? He was thinking next week sometime," I added, waiting for a response.

"That sounds perfect, gives us all plenty of time to pre-record enough videos. Text me more details when you get them. I'll talk to you later."

Everything was going perfectly.