Chapter 24 - Runaway

Start from the beginning

“Oh my god, Brook?” Brooklyn turned her head slightly to look at Hayley and the group of girls behind her. “Come with me honey.” Hayley stretched out her arms and Brooklyn crawled slowly into them. Once her head had left my chest I noticed a small wet patch stained black from where her eye had been. I turned to watch the girls walk away and couldn’t help but feel a little proud of myself because she finally came to me for help, even if it was because no one else was around.

~*~

If Dylan was going to be that childish about Brook going to Dalton then I was going to have to have words with him, and not the friendly kind, but first of all I had to find him. He couldn’t have gone home already but yet I couldn’t find him anywhere, I'd looked on the field, the playground and even gone up to the library – which I'd sworn never to do again – and I couldn’t find him anywhere, I also hadn’t seen Brooklyn since our little moment and so I was worried they’d gone off together and were now having another argument. I was beginning to worry but I knew that if I text either of them they wouldn’t reply.

Lunch was over and I had to get to tutor but I still couldn’t shake the feeling that something wasn’t quite right, but I would know for certain when I went to English later. Firstly though I had to get through tutor and the impending questions about what was wrong with Brooklyn. I walked in and all eyes suddenly turned to me.

I looked around and noticed that my Mr Kean wasn’t yet in the room; this meant I could confront Samson now and then talk to Brooklyn after. 

“What the hell are you playing at?” I said as I sat down behind him, once I was sitting nobody really cared what I was doing which left me free to argue with Dylan.

“I'm sorry do I know you?” he turned around with a confused look on his face. At least one of us had to be a grown up and as it looked like I would have to be that person.

“You know that that’s her dream and yet you’re still making her feel bad for wanting to follow it?” this was it I was going to lose my temper and if Mr Kean walked in I was sure I could have been put in detention.

“I'm sorry but the last time I checked this had absolutely fuck all to do with you.” Dylan was turning out to be a pretty bad friend and a boyfriend at that and as it was Brooklyn who was paying the price. I really wanted to punch him right now but I knew I couldn’t while were still on school property.

“Are you really going to be this pathetic, Samson?” I had now lost my temper completely and everyone could see it but Mr Kean still hadn’t walked in which was what I was hoping for.

“If not wanting my girlfriend to move to a really doggy part of London on her own to chase a career that very few people succeed in is pathetic, then yes I am pathetic. And like I said before, this has fuck all to do with you so butt out!” Dylan stood up and his chair flew back, this drew the attention of everyone in the room to me and what was going on and by now I'd had enough. So with no sign of Mr Kean and the feeling that I was going to punch him if he opened his mouth again, I left. I could hear the comments and sniggers from behind me but unlike a normal day when I would turn around and confront them I just kept walking.

Double English was usually something I would dread, especially since ‘the incident’ but today I needed it, I need to ask Brooklyn what Dylan had said to her and whether she was still going to do the right thing and follow her dream. The hallway was crowned as everyone rushed to get to their next class but I couldn’t spot anyone from my class I knew that I had arrived early but still surly someone should have arrived by now. I was just about to give up hope when I saw Abi and Rachel come rushing through the clusters of year 7’s. They looked worried but nothing could have prepared me for what they were about to say.