Chapter 5.

School finally let out and I couldn't be happier. When I walked through the doors, the cold Ohio air hit me and affected each limb in me. I was in such a rush that I forgot my hoodie. But I'd get over it. My mom worked until 5 and it was 2:15 now. This isn't the only time she's let me down or told me to handle situations on my own. So I began my long walk home. I walked off the curb and into the parking lot so I could cut into the grass. I didn't make any eye contact with anyone becuase I didn't feel like being stopped again today. Not only josh, but two other people wanted to know why I had marks on my neck. I never understood why or how people try to make your problems their problem. But for some reason, I didn't mind josh being in the situation. I mean it wasn't really a situation but he observed something that others would call weird. Josh seemed to be the only concerned human towards me and that felt magical. I had this feeling of wanting to see him again. And if my wishes weren't be answered, I heard his voice from behind.

"Tyler! Hey! Turn around!" Each word causing a pause between them. When I turned around he was in a old black 2002 Honda. I couldn't say he didn't look cute because he did, casually hanging out the window along with his arm.

"Don't go tyler. He's only going to ask more questions about us. He doesn't care"

I stood there unsure. Was blurry right? For as long as I could remember, he always told me that nobody ever cared about me. That nobody would ever care about me. I don't know how to act around people becuase of this situation. I'm afraid that one day blurry will have absolute control over my mind, body, and soul. And when that happens if that happens, I'll hurt the people along.

"Tyler dude cmon!! Let me give you a ride home it's freezing!" His voice echoing throughout the parking lot.

My feet told one story, and my head told another. But somehow my feet decided to tell this story. And so I walked towards his car.
****
"Are you sure you don't have hearing issues or something"? He asked. And those beautiful krinkles folded near his eyes, and that beautiful smile began to show. Stop it. But I proceeded to anseer his question with a fake smile.

"Yea I guess. I was just thinking about things and I wasn't sure if I actually heard someone calling my name. So that's why I didn't turn around in time". God you suck at lying.

"Oh okay. Well I guess we should get goin. Where do you live"?

"Off of Chestnut Avenue" I lightly spoke. I didn't feel really comfortable with him asking this. I barely knew the kid, and now he's taking me home. What if he try's to break into my house or something? But something made me feel like i could trust him. And honestly I didn't feel that towards anyone.

"I know were that is!". I've never seen anyone more excited than knowing where someone lived. It brought a smile to face. But soon wore off when he looked at me. "Those are small house's though. One of my friends who used to live there, had 2 brothers and he literally went crazy. I wouldn't blame him". As he was talking I took the time to look around. It smelled like what I guess he would smell like. Gas from the car, woods, and a faint detergent smell. It was beautiful. He had a silver cross hanging on his mirrior. Lucky he knew what he wanted to believe in. There was a small folder on the floor board and I could see the little CD's hanging out of them. One that caught my eye was a 1991 Blood Sugar Sex Magic album. Red hot chilli peppers. I didn't really have a prefability when it came to music, but it defitnily wasn't pop music or rap or country or any of that such.

"You wanna listen to it?". His words snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked over at him to give him a answer I thought would come out fast. He had his left hand on the steering wheel and the rest of his body leaning towards me. Adorable. Stop it!

"Uh.. sure. Do you like them"? I asked. He jolted on the breaks as if a deer ran out in front of him.

"Do I like them? I freaking love them. I mean , they wouldn't be the first band that I would go and buy pit tickets in a heartbeat. My boat float down the rivers of The Killers, Man Overboard, Seahea-

I watched him the entire time as we sat in the middle of the road. As he was naming the bands that he liked, he counted them out on his small, but long fingers. We were now up to 3 bands.

"Haven, and Nirvana. But I feel the last one is such a cliche answer for those "wanna be grunge kids", you know? Like literally, I'll see some 13 year old walking down the street and they have the signature smiley face that somewhat represented Nirvana, and I'd stop them and be like "Do you even know what that means?" ". He looked at me as if I would fill in the blank and tell him, but it was just a pause. "And the kid would say, "No, I just thought it was cool" and then walks away free". The creases in Josh's smile began to show. I guess this story made him more happy than confused.

"You know, you sure do talk alot Josh. As anyone ever told you that?" I said.

It was almost as if he was getting back at me with my sassy remark that he finished his story with yet another. Beautiful smile. I felt his foot let off the brakes after 5 minutes going bye.

"I mean I know the meaning. But I wouldn't really call the meanings I guess. I call them theories. Would you like to hear those theories Sassy Joesph?"

All I could do was smile and roll my eyes. It was still faint, but I felt it grow the longer he looked at me. What was this kid doing to me?

"Don't trust him"

W: sorry if there are any errors. I'll get to them. Btw, someone asked me what the "w" meant when I started this. It's writer but shortened. I wanted to be different;)