Chapter 188

(A/N)

I LOVE THIS TWEET ALMOST AS MUCH AS I LOVE HER ACCOUNT XD

Also; Happy Father's Day!! (Though I can not double --sorry-- Because I'm with my friend in the hospital) :*

**********
Mitch was now pacing back and forth in the hallway, on the phone with Avi, so Scott could have some privacy.

Mitch finally took a deep breath. "It all makes sense. Everything makes sense. Why he's so overprotective. Why he treats me like royalty. Why he's thrown his health out the window when it comes to protecting people, regardless of who they are. Why he blames himself for everything that happens."

"I know, Mitchell. I know. I'm sure that single fact explains a lot... And I know it's... It's going to be hard. Because.. If he's still in this headspace when you two have children... He won't even be able to think, he'll be so worried about the both of you."

Mitch stopped walking. "Alpha? Can I ask..? What exactly happened?"

Mitch could hear Avi sit down, wherever he was, and he could practically see it, Avi running his hand through his hair in that distressed way he always did.

Avi finally spoke again. "They were just out in public, going to a store I think... And someone attacked her. Scott's Omega, I mean... And... He was just a kid, Mitchell. Barely 18. He had no idea what to do. And I'm sure, all the passion that kid has, I'm sure he fought his heart out. But it wasn't enough. And... They were all in the hospital for a few days..."

Mitch whispered back. "And... Willow didn't make it?"

"No. She didn't. And... His Omega blamed him. Dumped him right there, while he was still in his hospital bed... And she left. Never to be heard from again."

"What a bitch..." Mitch's breath hitched. "Oops! I'm sorry, Alpha. I'm sorry."

"No, it's fair. She was a complete bitch to blame him for something out of his control. Again; let me re-emphasize... He was just a fucking kid. He had no idea what to do, but he did his best. That's why he was in a hospital for so much longer. And... He... He made me promise not to tell you."

"Tell me what?"

"Any of this. This entire story. But mostly... Fuck, Mitchell.. I'm going to get in trouble for this; He thinks it was Jamie. He... He thinks Jamie was the one who attacked his girlfriend. And..."

Mitch waited, until he couldn't possibly wait anymore. "What? And what?!"

"He met Alexander in the hospital. Alexander was his room mate. And... When his girlfriend dumped him, and told him their baby was dead, Alexander was the one to comfort him."

"Why... Why was Allie in the hospital..?"

"Tony beat him up too bad on accident. So he just so happened to be there, when Scott was brought in. It's a huge, long, confusing story. And you'll have to ask Scott for details if you want them, because I've already said way too much."

"Can I ask something else? If it has nothing to do with Willow or anything like that..?"

"Of course, Peanut."

Mitch sat down on the floor in the middle of the hallway, his hand gripping his own shirt tightly. "How did you meet my Alpha..? Why did you let him into your Pack?"

Avi chuckled a little, and again Mitch could see it in his head; his fingers running through his long hair. "This might be hard to believe... But I felt bad for him. God, I remember every single detail of the day I met him... Is that weird?"