Chapter 113

Mitch was holding his hot chocolate in his lap, the other hand holding Scott's uninjured hand as Scott slept.

Mitch leaned forward to set his mug on the coffee table, eyes never leaving the screen.

Scott jumped in his sleep, but didn't awaken.

Mitch then looked to him curiously. "Alpha?"

Scott didn't respond, and appeared as peaceful as ever.

"Are you...? Oh no. Please don't have another nightmare."

Scott, again, made no effort to react. But he pulled his hand from Mitch's, and instead set it on one of Mitch's legs, where he was more comfortable.

Mitch grinned at him. "You're such a sweetheart, Scott Grassi-Hoying."

Wyatt came out of nowhere, and jumped up onto the couch to lay down, resting his head on one of Scott's thighs.

Mitch glanced at him. "Don't you dare. I'm the only one who's allowed to do that."

Wyatt lifted his small head off of Scott's leg, tilting his head at Mitch a little.

"Don't give me that look. I don't speak cat."

Wyatt tilted his head in the other direction, and then turned his head to stare at Scott's face, as if he knew what was about to happen.

Mitch followed Wyatt's eyes and looked to Scott, just in time to hear Scott growl loudly.

Mitch blinked a few times, unsure of what to do. "Alpha? Alpha, please wake up."

Wyatt hopped over, running across Scott's lap, and Mitch's before getting to the floor.

His claws on Scott's legs are what woke him up. Scott jumped again, eyes shooting open, and he hurriedly asked. "Mitchie?"

Mitch quickly moved to hug Scott sideways. "I'm here, Alpha."

Scott set his hands on Mitch's arms and gave them a light squeeze, almost as if he wasn't sure Mitch was really there. "Thank God..."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I just.. Had a weird dream. Needed to be sure that you were okay."

Mitch hugged him even tighter. "What happened in the dream?"

"You and Alex were... Actually. I don't want to talk about it. Can I go back to sleep? Do you mind?"

"No. You can sleep as much as you want."

"Will you snuggle with me?"

"Sure. Do you want to go to our room?"

"No. It hurts too much."

"Your leg?"

Scott nodded miserably. "I tried to pretend it didn't hurt. But it hurts. And my hand hurts really bad."

"Aw, honey... Alpha, why didn't you just say something to me? I gladly would've helped you."

"It's fine, just.. Snuggle? Please?"

Mitch nodded and stood from the couch. "Lay down, Alpha."

Scott obeyed him and laid down on the couch as if it were a bed, being almost the perfect height to lay down without his head on the arm rest, although his knees were slightly bent.

Mitch waited for Scott to turn on his side, and then Mitch laid down beside him on his side as well, facing Scott, and smiling at him.

Scott put an arm over Mitch's waist, pulling Mitch a little closer to be sure he wouldn't fall off the front of the couch.