Chapter 170

Avi rolled his eyes right back, and closed the door behind him as he headed back toward the staircase.

Travis rolled onto his side, and leaned on his elbow to face Scott. "So.. Not that it's any of my business... You went out on a walk at like ten at night, because you and your Omega were arguing?"

"No, I just... Needed some time to think. He and I have been having this disagreement for a while now, and... Our arguments are starting to get worse... And..."

"Hey, it's okay. You don't have to explain yourself to me. I completely understand."

Scott nodded a few times, and then flopped down onto his back, putting an arm underneath his head as he stared at the ceiling. "In other news... How's Amy?"

"Who?"

Scott chuckled a little, and looked over. "Are you kidding? Wasn't that your Omega's name?"

"Oh yeah... No.. She and I broke up really early on. I found out about what she said to Allie... How rude she was to him... And that's a complete deal breaker. I can't deal with rude people, that's why Lexi and I got along so well."

"I'm sorry to hear that you guys didn't work out... But I'm sure there's someone out there for you."

Travis just nodded, not wanting to get into that subject any more than they already had.

Scott glanced over at him, and then turned over to lay with his face in the pillow, as he realized he was on Mitch's side of the bed.

Travis chuckled a little at him. "Is that your Omega's pillow?" He asked, though he already knew the answer.

Scott's words from then on came out a little muffled sounding, as he never removed his face from the pillow. "Yep."

"That's adorable. You two are so perfect for each other."

"Thank you."

Travis chuckled again, and then laid on his back, as the conversation died down.

Scott rolled back over, a few minutes later, to prepare to sleep. But when he glanced over at Travis, he was still awake. And he looked upset.

Scott leaned up on his elbow to get a better look at Travis' face. "Hey... Are you okay?"

Travis nodded slowly, but didn't look over. "Yeah."

"I've been told that I'm easy to talk to." Scott encouraged with a wink.

Travis smiled a little. "Yeah. I'm sure you are. I just... It's not really a big deal.. It just kind of weighs heavy on my heart when I hear about people in great relationships that aren't doing so well. Because... I know I made a mistake with Alex. And I know that I'll pay for that for the rest of my life."

"Aw... Travis, that's the saddest thing you've ever said to me..."

"No, it's.. It's my own fault. I deserve the sadness that came with it, for ever putting my hands on him like that. He forgave me, but I never will. So please, please, don't let Mitch get away from you. No matter what happens, hold onto him with everything you have. Because once you lose him, it'll haunt you, because you'll know there was something you could've done to stop it."

"I won't lose him."

Travis finally looked over at him. "Listen... I talked to Kevin... Alex and I used to argue about children too. And he always felt guilty because I wanted them, but he was unable to conceive them. Please don't let that get in between you two. It isn't worth it."

Scott nodded, a frown on his face now. "I won't."

Travis took a deep breath, and shut his eyes. "I should've known I wouldn't be able to sleep here."