Chapter 86

Alex was standing by the door, Scott's phone in his hand so he could call Jake.

Kirstie still had one of the books in her hand, studying a little more just in case.

Mitch and Scott came down the stairs at the same time, Avi following a single step behind them.

Alex giggled into the phone. "No, that's not fair! I said it first."

Avi grabbed his car keys, and then set a hand on Kirstie's lower back to lead her out the door, assuming the others would follow.

Scott turned around to run to the living room, grabbing a blanket before running back. He wrapped Mitch up in the fuzzy blanket, and then picked him up bridal style.

Alex smiled at them, holding the door for Scott, before closing it behind all of them.

Scott carried Mitch to the car, before sitting in the middle seat and waiting for Alex to sit down so he could lay Mitch across their laps.

Avi turned the key in the ignition and met Scott's eyes in the rear view mirror. "Did you lock up?"

Scott glanced over at Alex, who was the last one out of the house, and shook his head because he knew Alex didn't. "Nope."

Avi rolled his eyes. "And why not?"

"My key is in my back pocket. And I was holding Mitch."

Alex opened his car door and held a hand out toward Scott. "I'll do it. May I please borrow your key?"

Scott nodded, but before he could move, he felt Mitch's fingers in his back pocket.

Mitch fished the key out, and then tossed it to Alex.

When Alex took off running, Scott looked down at Mitch with a  smile. "I could've grabbed it, honey."

"No way. And let me miss an opportunity to grope you?"

Avi barked out a laugh, turning in his seat to look at Mitch. "Jesus, you're starting to sound like me."

"Or maybe you're starting to sound like me." Mitch argued.

Avi laughed even louder.

*******

Only ten minutes into the meeting, Kevin already had a full page of notes.

He'd sat himself in between Todrick and Jake for obvious reasons, but he'd made an agreement with himself to speak to them in the car, and hopefully sort out their issues while Alex wasn't around.

Jake was simply listening attentively, not scribbling things down like the two Betas.

The meeting was just a simply formality about the expectations of a Lead Alpha, so the other members could know if they were being treated correctly.

Kevin was sure, without a doubt, that Avi was doing his job well. But he hoped this meeting would give Jake some ideas on whether or not he wanted to be a Lead of his own pack.

Kevin hummed in thought, barely audible, but Todrick heard him.

Todrick smiled and grabbed Kevin's free hand. "Doing alright?" He whispered.

Kevin smiled right back at him. "Yes, thank you."

Throughout the entire meeting, Kevin went through nearly six pages of notes. But he would argue that he only wrote down the important things.

Todrick walked up to the Beta giving the meeting to ask a few questions, but came back quickly.

Jake took the first turn driving home, while Kevin and Todrick sat together in the back to share their thoughts.