Chapter 151

(A/N)

DOUBLEEEEEEEE

***********

Scott hurried to carry Mitch upstairs, Avi and Kirstie walking into the house a few minutes later.

Todrick was now sitting on the couch beside Kevin, who was holding him as tight as he could, Todrick shaking in fear.

Alex and Jake were sitting at the table, finishing their dinner, because Alex had been eating slowly.

Avi approached the couch. "Kevin, is it possible--? Oh my God, are you okay?" He knelt down in front of Todrick, trying to meet his eyes.

Kirstie went straight over to Alex to ask how he was doing. Then she proceeded down the hall to check on Grace.

Todrick glanced up at Avi and did his best to nod. "Yes, Sir."

Kevin shook his head once, tucking Todrick's head into his chest again. "No. He is not. Some Alpha attacked him in the bathroom of the grocery store."

Avi's eyes widened a little. "What? Go back. Explain."

Todrick hesitated a second before speaking, though he continued to hold onto Kevin as tight as he could.

"He followed me into a bathroom, and then he t-touched me. And he hit me, a-and--"

Kevin shushed him quickly. "Baby, you don't have to talk about it. It's okay."

Avi set his hand on Todrick's leg as he stood up. "I'm sorry, Todrick. If there's anything I can do... Please tell me."

Kevin kissed Todrick's forehead. "Thank you, Alpha."

Avi hesitated before he spoke again, still having a question for the Betas. "Kev... Can I ask you something real quick? I know how poor of a time this is..."

"Ask away." Kevin mumbled, only half listening.

"Is it possible for Mitchell to smell like Heat to everyone except me?"

"Well... No. You should be able to smell it better than anyone, sans Scott."

"Then why can't I smell it? He was not two feet away from me in the car, and I didn't sense anything."

Kevin glanced over at him, tears in his eyes. "Avi, I really don't know."

Avi understood immediately, and felt bad for even bringing it up. He nodded , and took a step back. "Of course. I'm sorry."

*********

Upstairs, Scott was experiencing a similar problem.

He'd closed the door behind him earlier, and was now hugging Mitch tightly, his nose pressed to Mitch's neck. "That's... Weird..."

"What?"

"You don't... Smell like Heat. I could swear that at the restaurant..."

Mitch pushed him back a little, and his eyes flashed from blue to brown. "Then I did a good job?"

"Good job of what?"

"Getting alone time with you for the next few days."

"What?"

"I pretended, Alpha. Feel my forehead, there's nothing there."

Scott pressed the back of his hand to Mitch's head, and pulled it away slowly. "I don't understand. Why would you do that?"