Chapter 18

They'd had to unload a few boxes to find suitable clothes to go in public with.

Scott was almost forced to wear something of Alex's, because Kevin couldn't find the box of his stuff.

But he managed to find something of his own, luckily. Scott really didn't have the patience to deal with Mitch's jealousy today.

The jealousy was hard to deal with on a normal day, but it was practically excruciating today. After sleeping on a hardwood floor, laying only on his shoulder, Scott had woken up in severe pain.

Though, knowing Scott, he wasn't planning on saying anything to anyone.

Upon walking into the restaurant for breakfast, Todrick could tell something was wrong.

He glanced at Kevin, standing proudly beside him, and then looked back at Alex, who was laughing at something Kirstie was saying.

Todrick hummed to himself, before following Avi to the table and taking his seat beside Mitch and Kevin.

Kevin noticed Todrick's 'thinking face' and tilted his head a little in concern. "T? Are you okay?"

"Just... Something feels wrong. Is everyone okay?"

"What do you mean 'feels' wrong?"

"Like.. I don't know. The Beta part of my brain is freaking out, and I don't know why... Last time this happened, Alex told me it was the anniversary of his father's death. And the time before that, Travis and Alex got divorced."

Kevin looked around at the table of people. "I.. I don't think anything is wrong. Are you sure you're just not ill, or something?"

"No, I'm sure. I know this feeling, Kevin."

Kevin glanced around everyone, but stopped when he saw the expression on Scott's face.

Kevin reached across the table, past Mitch, to grab Scott's forearm, which was sitting on the table as Mitch showed him something on the menu. "Alpha?"

Scott's eyes flashed up quickly, and he leaned over as much as he could. "What's wrong?"

"Are you feeling okay? You look like you're in pain."

Scott leaned back a little, and shrugged. "Yeah."

Kevin pressed his lips together for a second. "Please don't lie to me. I know what you look like when you're hurting. I also know what you look like when you're lying."

Scott frowned at him and looked down the table. "I'm not... Okay, fine. I'm sorry."

"Good. Now, please tell me what's wrong."

"I forgot to have you work on my shoulder. And... I slept on my arm because I was trying to keep Avi warm. So.. It hurts."

Kevin's eyes widened. "Scott, no. You can't put all of your weight on it, are you crazy?"

Scott pouted at him. "I'm sorry. I forgot..."

Kevin looked at Todrick for a second, and then looked back. "Scott, do you know what you're going to order?"

"Yes..."

"Tell Mitch. You're coming with me into the bathroom so I can see the damage. Okay?"

Scott nodded and pointed at something on the menu, and Mitch nodded, before grabbing Scott's hand and giving it a kiss.

Scott stood from the table, Kevin standing as well.

Todrick took a deep breath, hoping that Kevin had found the source of his unhappiness.