Chapter 162

Avi was now sat at the dining room table, reading through the emails that Scott didn't finish.

Scott and Mitch had taken off less than twenty minutes ago (after convincing Mitch to put pants on), but already Avi was beginning to worry.

And it certainly wasn't helping that Alex and Kirstie were sitting on the couch with Jake, talking about something.

Avi took a deep breath, deciding not to think about it too much, and tried to distract himself by getting immersed in the work he was doing.

Meanwhile, Scott had just parked the car, and then ran around to open Mitch's car door for him.

Mitch stepped out of the car in black skinny jeans, and the same shirt he'd had on in the morning. "Such a gentleman."

Scott shook his head as he held his hand out to help Mitch step out of the car. "You always say that. But I only do it because I love you."

Mitch giggled, stepping out of the car and closing the door behind himself. "You're so cute."

"Thank you." Scott held his hand, but before Mitch could start walking, Scott put one hand on Mitch's chest to stop him, and checked him out quickly.

Mitch raised an eyebrow. "Can I help you with something?"

Scott shook his head, and then let go of Mitch to button up the shirt a little more. "No, I got it."

Mitch waited for him to finish, and then raised his eyebrow again. "Feel better?"

Scott nodded, giving him a smile, and then turned to walk into the store as he put his car keys in one of his pockets.

Mitch hurried to catch up, grabbing Scott's hand to hold. "Grabbed your phone?"

"Yep."

"Got your wallet?"

"Yep."

Mitch paused. "Got your husband?"

Scott chuckled a little, bringing Mitch's hand up to his lips to kiss once. "Yep."

"Good. Thank God. I don't know how you'd make it without those three things."

"I'm sure I could manage without the first two. But you, my love, are a necessity."

Mitch felt his heart swell a little, but rolled his eyes anyway. "Such a sap."

After they entered the store,  Mitch was immediately distracted by the candy in the front of the store, but Scott kept a good hold on him to lead him to the aisle they needed to be in.

As Scott was scanning an aisle, Mitch tapped his arm to ask him a question. "Did you turn your phone's volume up? So you'll know if Avi calls?"

Scott shook his head, and reached around to grab his phone from his pocket, and handed it to Mitch. "You can do it, if you want."

Mitch nodded and went to it, just as Scott grabbed a few things to carry in his arms.

Scott proceeded down the aisle, looking for a specific brand that Kevin recommended to him, but Mitch stayed still to go through Scott's phone out of curiosity.

It had only taken him about two seconds to turn the volume on, but when he saw that Scott had a few unread texts, curiosity got the best of him.

Scott found what he needed at the end of the aisle, and he grinned at it in triumph, before turning to face Mitch, who was still standing near the middle of the row.

Scott was about to walk over calmly, but saw an Alpha in the aisle past his own, staring at Mitch with a dangerous look on his face.

Scott cleared his throat, hoping to rush Mitch along. "Mitchie, come here please." He said loudly.