Chapter 152

Michael broke himself free of Scott's grip before he could drag him outside, and gave Scott a hard shove, though Scott hardly showed any reaction.

Kirstie snuck past them to head upstairs, hoping to check on Alex, as Todrick had asked her to. The Betas locked the door behind her, to keep Grace safe.

Once Kirstie reached the top step, she hurried into Scott's room, and closed the door in a rush.

Mitch stood from the bed quickly. "Where's Scott?"

"Downstairs. I was supposed to come up here and make sure Allie was okay."

Alex, sitting beside Jake on the edge of the bed, nodded at her. "Yeah. I'm fine. Why?"

"You know how Todrick is."

Alex giggled a little. "I do. It's sweet of him to ask. Y'know, Travis used to--"

Mitch snapped at him. "Now, really isn't the time, Alex."

Alex flinched, but nodded. "I'm sorry."

Jake ran his hand up and down Alex's back. "Mitch... Please don't speak to him like that. I know you don't want to hear about Travis any more than I do. But could you at least be gentler about it?"

"Gentler? Why?"

Kirstie set her hand on Mitch's arm. "Mitchie, don't. We're just as stressed out as you are, but please don't take it out on them."

Mitch opened his mouth to sass her, but closed it a second later. "Fine."

She smiled at him, and then gestured to Alex with a nod in his direction.

Mitch frowned, but knew it was for the best. He turned to face Alex, and folded his hands in front of his stomach. "Allie... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude."

Alex gave him a small smile, now holding one of Jake's hands. "It's okay, Mitchie."

Mitch glanced behind him at Kirstie, and she just raised an eyebrow at him, so Mitch turned again, and walked forward to hug him.

Alex grinned widely and hugged him back. "Aw... I love you, Mitchie."

"I love you too, Allie."

Kevin walked into the room then, Grace in his arms, and Todrick right behind him.

Todrick glanced at Mitch. "I hope you don't mind us all invading your room, Munchie."

Mitch shrugged. "It's okay." He walked away from them, and sat on the bed near the top. "Did you see the Alphas? Is everything okay?"

Kevin handed Grace off to Kirstie as he spoke. "Well... Lots of arguing. Lots of cursing..."

Jake put his arm around Alex's waist, and leaned toward Kevin a little. "Is anyone hurt?"

"Not... Yet."

Mitch grumbled quietly. "That's reassuring."

Kevin frowned a little. "I'm sorry I couldn't come with better news..."

To add to his comment, a loud noise was heard downstairs, causing Alex to flinch.

Mitch sat up a little taller. "I don't mean to seem impatient, but can't one of you guys do something? I don't want anyone to get anymore hurt than they already are."

Kevin glanced at Jake, and then back to Mitch. "Jake should stay here with you all, just in case. I can go, if you'd like me to."

Todrick immediately spoke. "No. Absolutely not. You're not going to go down there and try to defuse a fight between three strong Alphas. No."