Chapter 84

Kevin and Todrick had to split up to wake the two Alphas, Kevin finding Scott first.

Scott smiled at him as much as he could for such an early hour. "Thanks Kev."

Mitch woke up with a groan, and rolled over to face Kevin.

Kevin gave him a sympathetic look. "Good morning, you guys."

Mitch stood from the bed, seemingly to use the restroom, but had to sit back down when he coughed a few times.

Scott sat up as well, leaning over to set a hand on Mitch's back. "Are you okay?"

Mitch nodded, standing up to try again. "Yeah... Just a little tickle in my throat."

Scott nodded once, watching Mitch walk into the bathroom, before turning to Kevin. "So I need to be ready in an hour?"

"Whenever you're ready, we'll leave. I've made some breakfast for you Alphas to eat in the car. I'll drive first. I'll take two hours, then you'll drive the final two, if that's alright. Then the drive back will be Todrick first, and then Jake."

Scott nodded, standing from the bed to stretch a little. "Whatever I can do to help."

Mitch walked back out of the bathroom, before falling into another coughing fit.

Scott strode over to him quickly. "Mitchie... Honey..."

"I'm okay." Mitch replied, waving a dismissive hand at him.

Scott grabbed his hand and kissed it. "I don't have to go to this meeting, honey. If you're feeling ill, I'd much rather be here."

Kevin raised a hand timidly. "Alpha...? Not that... I disagree at all... But I don't think Avi would allow you to stay. He's very capable of caring for Mitch, I assure you."

"I know that. But you of all people know how much attention Mitch demands. Especially when he isn't feeling right. There's no way Avi could give that to him with two other Omegas to care for."

Mitch coughed again, a little louder, grabbing Scott's arm for support.

Scott looked at him with wide eyes. "Mitchie, I'll go tell Avi I'm not going. Don't go anywhere. Kevin, will you grab him some medicine for me?"

Scott took off running out of the room before either of them could answer.

Scott ran past Todrick, who was finishing up breakfast quickly so he could proceed in waking up Jake.

When he saw Scott dash by, he decided now was the best time to do so.

Todrick wiped his hands quickly, and then walked back down the hallway to quietly sneak into Jake and Alex's room.

He tapped Jake's arm gently. "Alpha."

Jake stirred, but didn't wake up until Todrick pushed him again.

A moment later, Alex's eyes shot open. "Oh, good morning Tod!"

Todrick flinched, not expecting him to wake up. "Sorry, Allie. I thought I was being quiet. Didn't mean to wake you."

Alex giggled. "Oh, no, no. You didn't wake me. Jake--" He began, fully prepared to spill the news of what happened the night before.

Jake interrupted him, eyes wide. "I wanted him to be awake so I could say goodbye before I leave."

Todrick raised an eyebrow at how strange they were acting. "Oh... Alright. Well I'll go then, you two do whatever it is you do."

Alex sat up with a wide smile. "Wait! T, you have to hug me goodbye!"