Chapter 187

Mitch was in Grace's room to check on her, when he heard Scott's voice begin to speak upstairs.

Travis was on the phone with Kevin, standing in the corner of the room, but he immediately looked over and hung up.

He hurried over, and set a hand on Scott's chest. "Don't sit up! Don't move, okay? You passed out from too much stress, because you and Mitch got in an argument. Is there anything I can clarify for you?"

"Where's Mitch?"

"Downstairs."

"Bring him here. Please?"

Travis nodded, and stood. "Do not move. Okay?"

Scott nodded, and then set his head back down on the floor obediently.

Travis stood on one of the top steps, and spoke loudly so he'd know Mitch would hear him. "Mitch, Scott needs to see you. But please bring some kind of juice, and some crackers for him."

It took less than a minute, for Mitch to rush up to Scott's room with the things Travis asked for.

Scott smiled the instant he saw his Omega, and reached a hand out for him.

Mitch handed the objects to Travis, and then sat beside Scott and held his hand. "I love you." He tossed the phrase out immediately, because a few minutes before, he'd been afraid he might not ever be able to say it again, with Scott's bright blue eyes looking back at him.

**********

Avi called Scott's phone once, and received no answer. He rolled his eyes and called again, to no avail.

Avi turned in his seat to look at Kevin. "Okay so. The Omega calls me, practically in tears. And now here I am trying to check on him, and he can't answer his damn phone?"

"I'm sure he's doing something more important, Sir. Probably helping Travis care for Scott." Kevin reminded him.

"Yeah, but--" Avi's phone rang, to interrupt him. He answered immediately. "Mitchell Grassi-Hoying, you scared me half to death. Why wouldn't you answer your--?" He paused. "What?"

Kevin couldn't quite make out Mitch's words, but he could easily hear Mitch's worried tone.

"He... What? Travis?"

Kevin leaned toward him, very intrigued.

"Mitchell, slow down. You're not making any sense. For a second time today."

Kevin tapped his arm, eyes wide.

Avi glanced over, and put the phone on speaker, before setting it on the table in between himself and his Beta. "No, I'm listening, Peanut."

"He's bleeding, Alpha. What about that are you not understanding? I think I'm making it very clear that--"

"Drop the attitude, Mitchell. Just tell me what happened."

"When he passed out, he fell. And Travis said he must've hit his head. And... There was a scar on the back of his head, from when he was with Jamie... If you remember?"

Avi turned to Kevin for help, and Kevin leaned toward him a little to speak quietly. "Jamie threw him onto a bed, and he hit the headboard... You were the one that found him there, remember..?"

"Oh, oh... Yeah. The doctors taped that up or something, right?"

Mitch continued. "Yeah. They did. And I guess the scar opened or something, so Travis took him back to the doctor to get it redone. And we just got home, that's why I didn't answer."