Chapter 37

(A/N)

And the double ^-^ (Still waiting for Bey)

*********

Scott followed Kevin down the hall to listen to him as he called the hospital, to see what was going on.

Kirstie quickly chased after them as well.

Avi started to walk towards the kitchen, wiping furiously at his eyes. But Mitch ran over and tapped his shoulder.

Avi turned slowly, meeting his eyes.

Mitch gave him a small smile, before hugging him. "I'm sorry about your mommy..."

Avi didn't hug him either. "Thanks."

Mitch frowned and moved back, raising an eyebrow at him.

Avi turned to go into the kitchen, but Mitch followed him.

Avi sighed, frustrated. "Leave me alone, Mitchell."

Mitch continued to follow him, until Avi stopped, midway through the kitchen, and raised his hands as if he were going to push him, but he didn't.

He just stared at Mitch's scared expression, and let his hands fall back to his sides. "Please... Just go."

"You can talk to me, Alpha. You know that."

Avi shook his head and gripped the kitchen counter as tight as he could. "Fine. Fine, you know what I think? I think I'm going to strangle my stupid fucking father as soon as I see him. I'm dragging my mother as far as I can, away from that fucking bastard."

Todrick took a step into the kitchen. "Alpha. Take it easy."

Avi glanced over at him, only to see how terrified Mitch looked because of his words.

He sighed. "I tried to tell you to leave, Mitchell."

Todrick took a step forward, setting a hand on Mitch's shoulder to gently pull him towards the exit of the kitchen, before he walked towards Avi.

He set his hand on Avi's upper back, staring at him with concern. "Is there anything I can do, Alpha?"

"No. What could you possibly do?"

Todrick smiled a little. "You and Travis are more similar than I thought."

Avi shot him a glare. "Oh, really? I hope you know you're not making me feel better."

Todrick's smile fell. "I'm sorry, Sir. I just... I'm sorry. Please just tell me if you need something."

Avi realized that Todrick was just looking for the approval of Kevin's best friend, as well as wanting to have an Alpha again to fill the space Travis had left. "I will. Thank you, Beta."

********

That night, after Kevin had gotten ready for bed, and then laid down, Todrick took an extra minute to get ready before he jumped on the bed beside him.

Kevin chuckled at his wide smile. "Did you just finish a good book or something?"

"Actually, yes. But that's not why I'm excited. I think Avi is finally starting to like me!"

Kevin moved onto his side, eyebrows drawn together. "What do you mean by 'starting'? He already likes you Tod."

"Not really. But now, he kind of does."

Alex snuck into the room all of a sudden, but he gave himself away by sniffling loudly.

Todrick looked over, and waved him over. "Allie? Are you okay?"