Chapter 153

(A/N)

Sooooo how much extra do you think Mitch was paid to kiss that girl on Bones? ;)

********

Michael, surprisingly, left without force.

Scott had to hug Avi to get him to calm him down, Kevin standing beside them trying to talk Avi out of his own head.

Scott smiled widely and pulled away. "Hey, I know what will cheer you up! How about I go get your beautiful wife, and your adorable little daughter?"

Avi smiled slowly. "Yes please."

Scott let go and ran up the staircase, coming back a second later with Kirstie right behind him.

Mitch was chasing both of them, and when he had the chance he jumped on Scott in a hug. "How dare you go get Kirstie before you get me!"

Scott gasped, but quickly grabbed Mitch's legs to be sure he wouldn't fall from Scott's back. "I'm sorry, baby."

Mitch squeezed him a little tighter. "Did you get hurt?"

"No... But..." Scott cringed a little. "Baby, please get down. My hand..."

Mitch dropped down to the ground, before grabbing Scott's shoulder to turn him around. "Let me see."

Scott offered his hand to Mitch, watching Mitch's face instead of his own hand. "I'm sorry, baby boy..."

"Sorry? For what?"

"You look upset..."

"Of course I'm upset. You were so close to recovering, and now you're injured again."

Scott looked down at the floor. "I'm so sorry..."

"Don't be sorry. You were just... Being protective, as usual."

Scott nodded slowly. "I was."

Mitch held Scott's wounded hand carefully, and brought his other hand up to caress the side of Scott's face. "Don't beat yourself up. I know you were just being the good person that you are. Don't for a second think that I'm mad at you."

Scott nodded slowly. "Okay... Thank you."

Avi had bent to kiss Grace's forehead, rubbing it in with his thumb, before looking up to kiss Kirstie as well.

Kirstie gave him a small smile. "How are you doing, Alpha? Did he yell at you?"

"He did. Let's not talk about it. Please?"

"Of course. Do you want to just.. Hang out with me and Gracie?"

Avi glanced down at Grace, and his smile widened a little. "Yes.... More than anything else."

Kirstie grinned, and turned to walk down the hallway, Avi trailing behind her.

Jake walked down the stairs then, Alex right behind him, as they went to their own room.

Alex waited for Todrick  to walk out of Scott's room, and then he shouted up the stairs toward him. "I love you! Goodnight, T!"

Todrick jumped a little, but smiled. "Goodnight, honey. I love you more."

********

Avi made one more round before everyone went to sleep, checking on the entire house.

When he finally checked on Alex and Jake, both asleep, his shoulders sagged a little in relaxation now that he was finally done being the Lead for the day.