Chapter 66

(A/N)

OMG OMG OMG THE MOMENT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR SINCE BOOK ONE.

This is how I pictured their outfits, if you're curious. You don't have to picture it that way though, haha.

But anyway...

I GIVE YOU, *dramatic pause*

THE SCÖMÌCHE WEDDING

********

From that point on, all Scott can honestly remember is being led out of the room by Avi.

Everything else was a blur.

He was pacing outside the door, currently. He knew Mitch was probably waiting behind a different door, but he just needed a second to get himself together before he could do this.

Their pack was inside, seated at one table together.

The families and friends were all spread out at other tables, intentionally placed in spots Kevin felt were best.

Scott was going to have to thank him big time when this whole thing was over.

Scott was very literally, seconds from opening the door when Kevin came up to stand beside him. "Alpha...? I know you don't want to hear this... But we have a problem."

"If it's my dad, I'm literally going to kick his ass."

"No, it's not... It's Mitch. We can't find him."

Scott's heart almost stopped. "What?"

"Mitch is--"

Scott walked away before he could finish. He knew Mitch was still close by, because he could still smell him.

Scott could tell Mitch was afraid, terrified in fact. That's why he started running.

When he finally found his Omega, Mitch was hiding in one of the cleaning supply closets. Scott dropped to the ground, and threw his arms around Mitch in relief. "Thank God."

Mitch had silent tears running down his face, but he didn't say a word.

"Mitchie, what are you doing in here?" Scott moved back a little, and then he brought a hand up to cover his mouth. "Why is your hair purple?"

Mitch let out a quiet giggle. "You told me to." He gasped and reached out to touch one of Scott's ears. "You pierced your ears! How cool!"

Scott squinted at Mitch's nose. "I think yours is cooler."

Mitch grinned widely and grabbed Scott in another hug, both still sitting on the ground. "We ruined the surprise."

"I'm still plenty surprised, thank you."

Mitch giggled, clinging tightly to Scott's jacket.

"Now... What are you doing in here, baby?" Scott asked gently.

"I got scared..."

"Oh, honey... I did too."

Mitch sniffled a little, and moved back to meet Scott's eyes. "Really?"

Scott reached up to brush Mitch's hair to the side. "Mhmm. Why are you scared, baby?"

"I... I don't really know. I feel like... Maybe I shouldn't have gone with the dress. I'm not brave enough to do it."